Brides who had flip flop favors... Was it worth it?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#11 TheFutureMrs.Sears

• 734 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by jennierin
    I am doing flip flops for all the female guests and we have decided to put them in the OOT bags as well VS. a wedding basket/bucket of flip flops. I bought all of mine at Old Navy in pink and orange...my wedding colors! I only bought enough for the people who are coming with us and asked for their sizes in a mass email. I agree with Megan...I think that the girls will absolutely wear them around the pool! If my guests are anything like me...I NEVER have enough pair of flip flops! I think I own every color that Old Navy has...

I wanted to do this to and my colors are also pink and orange:) But what are you giving the men in the OOT bags?

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
    http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#12 ~Jessica~

• Banned
    • 3,479 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

I was going to do a flipflop basket too, but I didn't want to worry about everyones sizing and maybe forgetting someones. So I am just getting flipflops for the bridal party.

#13 JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,193 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:50 PM

For me, I definitely think it was worth it!!! One of my gf's went on vacation this year with her fiance & when they came back she told me that he said thanks for the flip flops! I thought it was too funny and was glad to hear that people still use them even though its been a year later!!

Since I needed precise sizes, I simply sent an email out to all of our guests asking them their sizes. Everyone responded promptly & I was able to get all of the flip flops that I needed from Old Navy when they were on sale 2 for $5. I bought so many that the manager even gave me a discount. I got fun colors for women & basic black & blue for the men.
        I then put everyone's pair in their OOT bag.

#14 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:08 PM

i ran out of money with our BFW (no way was i buying 150 pairs!) but i would have loved to do this for our cabo wedding, didnt even cross my mind tho

#15 H&F

• 361 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:10 PM

I've bought flip flops for our wedding guests. I just kind-of guessed on sizes. Went with more medium and large sizes (I figured people can always wear something a little larger). My feet are always killing me at the end of the night so hopefully this will make people feel a little better!

#16 sandysmith

• Banned
          • 22 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:42 AM

I was wondering about all the favors, and it seems like flip flops are a huge hit at beach weddings,  any one knows where can I get them personalized, as I would like them to be a bit different than plain old navy flip flops

Thank you 

#17 bmadzia1

• 355 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:02 AM

How did you guys get everyone's size?

#18 chell44

• 202 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:20 PM

I think that most people would already being wearing flip flops for a beach wedding, so I decided against them

#19 adales

• Site Supporter
                • 545 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:07 AM

I was thinking about doing this but we booked our ceremony at the gazebo not on the beach so I don't think there is a need for it now.

#20 GC2008

• 183 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:37 AM

im still considering it but dont you think pple will be bringing their own flipflops anyway?  im having a beach wedding so wouldnt pple want to go barefoot on the sand rather than wear flipflops?  im really torn by the decision.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users