What time was your TTD shoot?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
  • 369 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:56 PM

Hello Everyone,
    I'm stuck in a dilemma. Our TTD shoot is scheduled for the day after our wedding.. What time should we do our shoot? Early morning or closer to sunset. Please Help!!

I really would hate to have to wake up so early, but I also wouldn't want the beach crowded. What did/would you do?

#2 boven

boven
    • 193 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:08 PM

We are still trying to work the timing out with our photographer, but her suggestion is that we do it early in the morning because that is when we'll get the best light. We are not much looking forward to getting up early, but I think we will be happy once it's all over and done with.

#3 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
      • 2,777 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:57 PM

Ask your photog. Obviously lighting is going to be different by location and where you are globally. I mean a sunset in cabo or PV is much better than Tulum. We are bringing our photogs with us so once they have been there for a morning and a night we'll decide when, maybe both! We are on a bay w/ only 1 hotel and 1 villa and in August they are shutting down for the winter and there is no one booked on they bay until a week after us so we aren't concerned about a lot of people

#4 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
        • Vendor
        • 2,782 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:31 PM

Early mornings or evenings are the best. Just avoid 11am-3pm. It's too hot and the sun is right above you, which is not that good.

#5 ~Debra~

~Debra~
          • 500 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:51 PM

We are doing ours early in the morning at 8am. Clearly we're not going to want to get up that early in the morning but we also heard morning or evening is best and we want to spend that evening with our guests so morning it is.

#6 Jenamie

Jenamie
            • 392 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:34 AM

I'm doing ours the next morning at sunrise because we have to hit the road to get to our Disneymoon (about a 10 hr drive)

I dont want to get up early but I'm excited to get to see my mom before leaving because, I'm moving too with the wedding and now I live an hour from her and then I'll be 16 hours from her

#7 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
              • 698 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:37 AM

We are having ours early in the morning, since our flight for the honeymoon is around 3 pm.

Eventhough I didn't wanted to wake up early... I figured we can avoid other people around the beach.

Best of luck with your decision...

#8 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
                • 369 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:21 AM

Uhhh!! I hate this decision making stuff! LOL
                  I think fiance' and I are probably leaning towards sunset, I would love to do sunrise but 6:50 am is wayyyy too early for me. I'm still torn. I'm going to talk to the photographer and see what they think.

#9 jennie

jennie
                  • 200 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:35 AM

Our TTD is the following week when we change resorts to Sandals Ochos Rios. I want to have the TTD near the Dunns Falls, etc...
                    I'll be using a natural touch bouquet, so I don't have to worry about the flowers lasting...obviously the won't last a week.
                    The actual shoot is booked for 5pm, just before the sun goes down, but we will start to get ready to travel around 4. I guess the sun goes down around 7 or so and when it's down your done! This will give us plenty of sunlight for waterfall/beach pics, then some as the sun goes down. I def. want some balck and white pics. too.

#10 sarafish81

sarafish81
                    • 353 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:33 PM

We did ours bright and early at 7am the day after our wedding. The beach was empty of other guests and we got some good light from the sunrise. Then we had to hurry back to our room as we were having breakfast in bed at 9am LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users