Hair vs. wind

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 thomalm

• 53 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:30 PM

I have long hair and I really hate the way updos look on me. Have any of you regretted wearing your hair down? Major wind blown hair picture problems?

#2 mich999

• 386 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:42 PM

I'll let you know in a couple of weeks - I'm wearing my hair down (dress looks much better with hair down). My florist says it's not that windy in May in Cabo, so hopefully she's right and it extends to June for you!

#3 Kits55

• 607 posts
      • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
      • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:49 PM

I can't help as much as other brides that have gotten married in Cabo because I got married in RM. It was unseasonably windy, so windy in fact that I had our reception moved indoors. I did have some pretty wind blown hair so far I do not regret it (I'll have to decide when I get my pro pics back!). I have never looked good in up-dos so I'm happy with having worn it down.

#4 KimmyG

• 520 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:58 PM

I'm also planning on wearing my hair down. I'm hoping we can scope out which direction the wind blows ahead of time so I can face into the wind during the ceremony, so my hair is sexy blowing behind me and not into my face!

#5 JoLo908

• 889 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:07 AM

This is totally a concern of mine too... I feel like I look like a different person with my hair up, and I like it MUCh better down... do, we will see how it goes...

#6 whitni

• 72 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:11 AM

I have a major concern with this as well, I look much better with my hair down versus being up. So I'll have my hair down for sure, hopefully the wind won't be to bad. :|

#7 edssbride09

• 233 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:41 AM

Ok, I was exactly the same. I hate my hair up, have very long hair, and wanted to wear mine down. So I did, and I do not regret it at all. We arranged the ceremony so the wind would be blowing my hair behind me (MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS!). My hair was in my face alot, but you just have to position yourself right. My only regret was that i should have pinned my bangs back. Had I done that it would have been no problem at all.

Oh and i had a headband in, so that may have helped some too. Either way, no matter about some stray hairs, i do not regret for 1 second wearing my hair down. I was happy and it felt beachy!

#8 Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,047 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
              • LocationToronto

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:31 AM

I wore mine down and absolutely LOVED IT! I didn't regret it for a second! I curled it, put product and hairspray in, pinned little sections up and then away I went. After the ceremony I took it down and brushed it out for a messy look and it worked. If you look at my pics you'll see how it looked down for the wedding. I'm super glad that I wore it down.

#9 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:39 AM

I am so glad you made a thread on this! I HATE my hair up. I think it looks so unnatural on me and I am planning on wearing it all down. I hope the wind isn't too bad!

#10 KLaBate54

• 438 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:58 AM

I'm the same way; I hate my hair up! I really just want to wear it down with big flowy curls...I'm just so nervous that the wind will completely ruin it, lol! Oh well...I'd rather have windblown hair than some fancy updo that doesn't even look like me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users