19 replies to this topic

#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 05 October 2006 - 06:53 PM

if $$ weren't an issue, where would you honeymoon? i am having the hardest time picking a honeymoon spot.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 KARLA

KARLA
  • 373 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:04 PM

I'll be honest with you, if we were not getting married in Cabo I would have never been on my list of places to honeymoon. It was the perfect place for us to get married though... since it had the beach, resorts and lots of activities for everybody. I'm pretty lucky that my FI has accepted the fact that I like to travel a lot, and that part of our budget goes towards traveling every year. So every year we take some pretty nice vacations. Our honeymoon was really just about relaxing for us, so we opted to stay in Cabo right after the wedding.

If we weren't staying in Cabo for the honeymoon, here are some suggestions of where I would have suggested we would go:

Some island or city on the Mediterranean? That way you get the culture and a beach vacation!
    My suggestions: Start in Barcelona then go to Mallorca, Spain.
    Start in Paris and then go to Nice, France.
    Start in Rome and then go to Venice, Italy. (Venice is the most romantic city I've ever been to!)

I would also probably have Kauai, Hawaii as a top spot and definitely stay at the Hyatt there. I saw that you have a link to it on your Hawaii posts. That hotel is truly incredible! I went a few years ago on a family vacation.

Some friends of ours just came back from the Greek Islands and they loved it!

#3 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 02:31 PM

I would LOVE to go to Europe, but that won't be in the budget unless we wait awhile. FI wants to go to Hawaii, so now we're just trying to decide if we want to go there directly from Cabo, or wait and go a few months later.

#4 Jennifer

Jennifer
      • 218 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:45 PM

I would pick Venice or just Italy in general. The pics I have seen are so pretty!

#5 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:47 PM

Gosh their are so many places I would love to go.. Alaska, Europe, France, Italy, Japan, I'd also LOVE to go to Hawaii again. We make a point to do a summer vacation every other year and on the off years we do a winter vacation (snowboarding trip) so after Cabo it will be a couple years before we do another summer vacation. Man why won't Ed McMan knock on my door.. (does he even still do that)

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 06 October 2006 - 10:03 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by KARLA
          I'll be honest with you, if we were not getting married in Cabo I would have never been on my list of places to honeymoon. It was the perfect place for us to get married though... since it had the beach, resorts and lots of activities for everybody. I'm pretty lucky that my FI has accepted the fact that I like to travel a lot, and that part of our budget goes towards traveling every year. So every year we take some pretty nice vacations. Our honeymoon was really just about relaxing for us, so we opted to stay in Cabo right after the wedding.

If we weren't staying in Cabo for the honeymoon, here are some suggestions of where I would have suggested we would go:

Some island or city on the Mediterranean? That way you get the culture and a beach vacation!
          My suggestions: Start in Barcelona then go to Mallorca, Spain.
          Start in Paris and then go to Nice, France.
          Start in Rome and then go to Venice, Italy. (Venice is the most romantic city I've ever been to!)

I would also probably have Kauai, Hawaii as a top spot and definitely stay at the Hyatt there. I saw that you have a link to it on your Hawaii posts. That hotel is truly incredible! I went a few years ago on a family vacation.

Some friends of ours just came back from the Greek Islands and they loved it!
          ive travelled quite a bit and already did europe....took eurorail through france, spain(got mugged in barcelona!), and italy..

think maldives or fiji or bali or capri...some island with awesome food and culture...i just love to travel and so does steve so we are lucky!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 Jackie

Jackie
          • 2,290 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 12:44 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by host
            ive travelled quite a bit and already did europe....took eurorail through france, spain(got mugged in barcelona!), and italy..

think maldives or fiji or bali or capri...some island with awesome food and culture...i just love to travel and so does steve so we are lucky!
            Doesnt Fiji sound and look just wonderfull. Ive never been myself but its on my top 10 list of places to go. And it seems very homeymoon friendly i.e. romantic, buetiful, serene etc.
            Jackie
            My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#8 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
            • 486 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 12:47 PM

I'm with you on that Jackie, Fiji looks awesome if $$ were no object.

#9 gkashmira

gkashmira
              • 1,962 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 03:21 PM

Southest asia! Thailand is my dream vacation right now.. but also to travel all over South america! And europe... ok, so pretty much everywhere - guess that's not very helpful.
                Kashmira & Dan
                Happily married since June 16, 2007
                http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#10 KARLA

KARLA
                • 373 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 06:24 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by host

Tammy,

It sounds to me like you sort of have narrowed it down. All of those places sound awesome! I would love to go to a hotel that has the over the water bungalows. That looks so cool!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users