Need Suggestions on making my Florida wedding work

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 Kward1985

• 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:16 PM

Hi!! I am in the same boat as you right now!!!! My whole family is renting a beach house April 17-24th on Ft. Myers beach on Estero Drive. So my fiance & I are thinking either ft. myer beach wedding or I have been trying to find places in captiva/sannibel island OR one of my family members recommened siesta key which is gorgeous & they know some bars that you can rent out their pavilion or something. I am also planning for approx 30 people. I want it small/simple. I was going to try to find a company that can marry us on the beach then we can rent a pavilion somewhere & do food....I would love open bar, but i'm not going to fork out that money. We will probably do open bar back home for all the people who wouldn't be able to make it...probably would do a small brunch thing. I am just having a hard time....hotels are expensive!!

#12 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by SgtPepperette
      Okay, so this is my latest update.

We found this beach home that we want to rent. It sleeps 8, and is right on Ft. Myers Beach. Its beautiful. The owner has done a ton of construction and landscaping work over the last year.

Fort Myers Beach vacation house rental - Beautiful Oceanfront Home with Gorgeous Sunsets!
      this house looks really nice and the property looks really pretty, great place for a wedding. a pigroast would be really cool. did you arleady ask your fam to stay there?
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#13 SgtPepperette

• 1,225 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:19 PM

You know I looked at the Lovers Key Beach, and they had a nice gazebo/pavillion. Let me know what places you find :)

Danielle...my sister and her family are defintely in on the house. I think we may move forward with it. Finally feels like we are making some headway!

#14 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:34 PM

melissa, thats great news! keep us updated, cant wait to hear the final word!!

#15 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:53 PM

I am just now reading this and that house looks really great I am so glad that you won't have to rent chairs, etc. Yes, the pig roast sounds awesome! I think that it would be really original and cool. I am so glad some of your fam wants to stay with you! Good luck with everything Melissa!

#16 IslamoradaBride

• 459 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:47 PM

Ooh, I think you found a fantastic place! That area of Florida is so lovely and has awesome beaches. I hope it works out for you!

#17 estella1007

• 475 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:54 PM

It seems like such a convenient location as well. You won't have to worry about transportation or anything. Plus, since you are staying right there, you can cut costs a ton by doing your own self service bar. I am doing that. My planner is setting up giant galvanized buckets filled with soda, bottled water, and Corona. Then carafes of pre made Rum Swizzle. You can pick one "signature" drink and do the same. It will save you hundreds on the bar tab.

#18 DreamComeTrue

• 25 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:04 PM

The house is amazing! You can just look at and envision your receptions. Sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun!

#19 alkoch

• 515 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:11 PM

I might be a little late on this but my friend just bought a bunch of beer and wine and some hard liquor and had a friend do the bartending it saved her a ton of money. I was thinking you don't even really need a bar tender if you just have all the stuff out and you could get kegs that would be cheaper than bottles of beer.

#20 mirandah

• 10 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:32 PM

To keep costs at a minimum maybe you can just opt for only having a cocktail reception and drinks, ive seen it done and its really cost effective, if you are looking for a great photographer in Florida check out dlweddings.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users