Photo

Blue Mountain Coffee

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 michelle6114

michelle6114
  • 209 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:26 PM

I've read that Blue Mountain coffee is pretty cheap in Jamaica, and read that brides purchase it there to bring back to the states for their local "receptions". Does anyone know how much small packages cost off the resort? I know it is sold at the giftshops at the hotel, but if I sneak back 75 of these I want a better deal! lol
    Has anyone here done this?

#2 eloping789

eloping789
    • 290 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:41 AM

I think that's what we bought my FFIL when we were in Jamaica a couple of years ago ... it wasn't cheap and we bought it at a local shop not associated with a resort. It was worth the $$ though! GREAT coffee!!

#3 DGG

DGG
      • 275 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:52 AM

I bought some when I was there and it is good coffee, but not cheap. Personally, I don't think it is worth it for your AHR b/c people won't really enjoy it and may not even notice since they'll be eating dessert, talking, etc. Buy some and share it with your friends/family at home when they can enjoy expensive quality coffee...

#4 tangles66

tangles66
        • 26 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:02 AM

We have a driver take us to his local grocery store when on a daytrip. It is a better price then gift shops, but not cheap. I think we paid $25.00 for a larger package. We then take it home and just drink it on Sunday mornings for something special! "yum"
          Mary

#5 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:20 AM

Crazy I was just watching a show last night and they mentioned this coffee, From what they said if you buy it there it's about $35.00 a bag but in say Japan you pay up to $80.00 I need to try this coffee.. :-)

#6 Jamaica721

Jamaica721
            • 38 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:50 AM

I saw the same special...They mentioned this coffee and alot of the other specialties in Jamica...it was very informative.

#7 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
              • 813 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:16 AM

Anyone buy it in the airport? I have heard that some of the stuff, like Appleton Rum, is cheaper there? I suppose I can find out in a few days

#8 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 12,193 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:41 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by michelle6114
                  I've read that Blue Mountain coffee is pretty cheap in Jamaica, and read that brides purchase it there to bring back to the states for their local "receptions". Does anyone know how much small packages cost off the resort? I know it is sold at the giftshops at the hotel, but if I sneak back 75 of these I want a better deal! lol
                  Has anyone here done this?
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by drbrainfreeze
                  Anyone buy it in the airport? I have heard that some of the stuff, like Appleton Rum, is cheaper there? I suppose I can find out in a few days
                  I think its like anything else, you'll see it for 1 price at one store & see it for another price someplace else. You'll probably have to shop around for it until you find someone who is willing to give you a great deal. I think it was more expensive at the airport, but don't quote me on that! I saw prices starting at $6 & up but that's depending on the size of the bag.

Just one word of caution, if you're planning to bring some home for friends & family, make sure you know what kind they like because they have ground coffee & the coffee beans. I bought beans back last year & my mom didn't have the appropriate coffee maker.

#9 michelle6114

michelle6114
                  • 209 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:42 PM

Oh wow! I guess I will just get the smaller bags for those who are traveling to Jamaica with us.
                    I have a bag of blue mountain blend coffee here that I bought here at T J Maxx but from what I hear the "authentic" great stuff is only found in Jamaica or on the blue mountain website.
                    Bummer

#10 montegobay09

montegobay09
                    • 832 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

One of my guests was crazy about that coffee and found the best price for the smaller bags at a local grocery store. Howeve, when we got to the airport the found a HUGE bag which was cheaper for the amount she would be getting. In the end she was happier with the smaller bags because the larger bags wouldn't stay fresh long enough once they were opened. But it could be an option for your AHR if you plan to repackage them....I dunno

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users