Photo

Calling all *Curvacious* women!!

• Please log in to reply
1026 replies to this topic

#261 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:19 PM

lol Lisa you are hilarious! Great idea!!!

#262 1sunshine

1sunshine
    • 95 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:16 PM

bye JoLo and good luck, will be waiting for you!!!

#263 LIW

LIW
      • 197 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:20 AM

This might be an odd question, but after reading the post about spanx, I'd thought I'd ask.

I usually wear spanx in the summer when I wear skirts or dresses, bot because I need something to hold me in, but because I need something to stop my legs from rubbing together and causing chaffing.

I don't want to wear the full body spanx, because the bodice of my dress will hold me in. However, I want something on my legs to keep them from chaffing. I was thinking bycycle shorts, but I was afraid I'd be extra hot in something like that and can't seem to find a spanx type product that doesn't go all the way up over my stomach.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
        http://www.weddingco.../rbe6xizbgt.png

38 people plus bride and groom coming to Cuba!

#264 jackobelle

jackobelle
        • 359 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:54 AM

Spanx does make ones that don't go all the way up. And there are also spanx-like shorts you can get in most lingerie stores/departments that go only up to the waist, and are a little nicer than bike shorts!

#265 JoLo908

JoLo908
          • 889 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:52 PM

wedding was amazing.. tty all when w3e get6 back

#266 1sunshine

1sunshine
            • 95 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:15 PM

LIW, try to search on Lane Bryant, they have quite a collection of Spanx

#267 jackobelle

jackobelle
              • 359 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:43 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by JoLo908

So great to hear!!!! I can't wait to hear more when you're home! :)

#268 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                • 2,287 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:01 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LIW
                  This might be an odd question, but after reading the post about spanx, I'd thought I'd ask.

I usually wear spanx in the summer when I wear skirts or dresses, bot because I need something to hold me in, but because I need something to stop my legs from rubbing together and causing chaffing.

I don't want to wear the full body spanx, because the bodice of my dress will hold me in. However, I want something on my legs to keep them from chaffing. I was thinking bycycle shorts, but I was afraid I'd be extra hot in something like that and can't seem to find a spanx type product that doesn't go all the way up over my stomach.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
                  I saw something like bike shorts at Pennington's. They were like Spanx, had the longer legs but only went to the waist.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JoLo908
                  WOO HOO!!! Can't wait! :)

#269 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
                  • 516 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:50 PM

Spanx makes a set that is bike short length but comes all the way to the bra line on top. I just ordered them! So excited.

My new best friend this summer is also something I have stolen from my fiance's med cabinet. It is called "Anti Monkey Butt" Powder!!! I kid you not, that is the real name. It is a mix of talc and calamine powder. It rocks! Apparently he was using it on his butt before long motorcycle rides... more info than I needed and way more than you needed. He said it is at Wal-Mart!

#270 jackobelle

jackobelle
                    • 359 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:50 PM

"Anti Monkey Butt" LOL!!!! That is hilarious, but thanks for the tip!!

I got my bandeau swimdress today! I LOVE it!!!!! I wasn't sure about it, but once I got the thing on (which wasn't easy - they fit sung!) it looked great! Stylish and hides everything I want hidden!!! I think I am going to order another on in blue!!! (I got the black) Thanks to everyone who suggested it!!!

I swear Spanx, Newport News, (and now Anit Monkey Butt) should be paying us comission for al this free advertising!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users