Photo

Sloan's RIU Palace Tropical Bay Wedding/Honeymoon

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 MsZ

MsZ
  • 410 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:49 PM

Great review!! Looks like you had a fantastic time!! Congratulations!

#22 sweettea

sweettea
    • 29 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:46 PM

Thanks for the pics, the limobus looked like fun!
      Bring on January 10th 2010! I can't wait!

#23 uspoiledme

uspoiledme
      • 167 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:18 PM

Hi, Sloan. Thanking you so much for posting your review. It is really helpful. I am really interested in booking the tours for my wedding party. Can you please tell me what the price per person was for each tour? Were you able to negotiate better than the posted rates?

#24 nicoleswrld

nicoleswrld
        • 61 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review! Glad you had such an amazing experience!

#25 iwantadreamswedding

iwantadreamswedding
          • 327 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:27 PM

Congrats! It looks like you had a great day!

#26 kris

kris
            • 506 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:45 PM

Thanks for the review Sloan. I'm so sad we couldn't go there like I originally wanted, it looks so beautiful! I can't wait to do that horseback riding in the sea. I am also very happy that you didn't freak out about planning and did the "free" thing because that's what I plan on doing and yours turned out beautiful....mmmmmm Ting and Vodka...DELICIOUS..pretty sure there will be a ban on that a couple days into me being there as well :)

#27 amberlynne87

amberlynne87
              • 148 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:02 PM

Congratulations! Thanks so much for the review. your pictures were wonderful! I plan on doing all those excursions too, glad you liked them! My fiance and I are getting married at RPTB March 30, 2010. I can't wait!

#28 Sloan

Sloan
                • 1,279 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:46 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by uspoiledme
                  Hi, Sloan. Thanking you so much for posting your review. It is really helpful. I am really interested in booking the tours for my wedding party. Can you please tell me what the price per person was for each tour? Were you able to negotiate better than the posted rates?
                  Dunn's River Falls: $90US (lunch not included)
                  Black River Safari: $90US (lunch not included)
                  Canopy Zipline: I think was $70US, my BIL and his girlfriend did this one and they both loved it. Can't remember if lunch was included or not.
                  Sunset catamaran cruise to Rick's Cafe: $50US (lunch and open bar included)
                  Snorkeling/Picnic: $60US - I think... (lunch, open bar and snorkeling equip included)
                  Horseback Riding: $60US - I think...(lunch not included, but we left @ 0900 and were back on the resort by 1400)

Keep in mind that we stayed in Negril, so some tours will vary by price according to where you're coming from (at least that's what I imagine). Dunn's was pricey because our bus ride was 3 hours long. The actual ticket to get into Dunn's River was only $15US... it was a fun day, but a bit of a ripoff.

Check out Chukka Caribbean Tours or Lee's Tours as well. We didnt negotiate any prices and just bought our tours straight from our Sunquest rep at the resort. We're lazy and bartering is not my strongsuit.

Hope that helps a bit! Cheers!

#29 Sloan

Sloan
                  • 1,279 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:47 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by kris
                    Thanks for the review Sloan. I'm so sad we couldn't go there like I originally wanted, it looks so beautiful! I can't wait to do that horseback riding in the sea. I am also very happy that you didn't freak out about planning and did the "free" thing because that's what I plan on doing and yours turned out beautiful....mmmmmm Ting and Vodka...DELICIOUS..pretty sure there will be a ban on that a couple days into me being there as well :)
                    Beware Vodka and Ting!

#30 Sloan

Sloan
                    • 1,279 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:47 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by kris
                      Beware Vodka and Ting! LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users