Photo

Secrets Montego Bay and St. James!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 blckrevpower

blckrevpower
  • 572 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:33 AM

yeah considering the wild orchid since it's just opening this year!
    "Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!" --Homer Simpson

#12 CHAKLIT

CHAKLIT
    • 260 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:42 PM

I've been seeing alot of great deals for Secrets -- I need to really check them out on my planning visit in a few months.
      I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...

#13 FutureOwens2011

FutureOwens2011
      • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:46 PM

My FH and I are REALLY considering Wild Orchid! We really like what is included in their wedding packages compared to Sandals.

Has anybody booked for the upcoming year? We are targeting March(ish) 2011. If so, what has been your experiences. If you considered and did not book, why?

#14 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
        • 1,572 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:51 PM

Gorgeous new resort! Would be nice for an anniversary trip!

#15 futurewifey

futurewifey
          • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:29 PM

I was org. looking at these resorts in mexico, but I'd rather go to Jam. But with no real pics and reviews on them im a little scared to make that first move

#16 msmoodyr

msmoodyr
            • 329 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:30 PM

I saw some pics on tripadvisor .. one of them wasnt quite finished .. I dont remember how long ago the pics were .. but search on there first

#17 blckrevpower

blckrevpower
              • 572 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:15 PM

They don't open until this March. This gives them time to work out any kinks for any 2011 brides like me!
                Hopefully, everything turns out well because this seems like a great new resort. And I've gotten prices. They seem very reasonable and they have nice wedding packages (for up to 20 guests) I don't know how much the charge would be for more guests. . .
                Still waiting on an answer. . .
                "Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!" --Homer Simpson

#18 Mookiie21

Mookiie21
                • 44 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:08 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jls511
                  I am really interested in these two. I will keep a watch out for more info! Thanks!
                  jls511 - Both resorts now have Facebook Fan pages. They are following the final steps to the Grand Opening in March 2010 and post new pics every few days. It has been a great resource to me in making my final decision. Which I finally did...

I just booked my Nov 2010 wedding at the Wild Orchid resort!!

The two resorts are really just one LARGE resort. They share a lot of the restaurants, the spa and activities; you have everything avaliable to you from BOTH resorts no matter which one your room is at!

FutureOwens2011 & futurewifey - I was concerned too with booking at a resort that I couldn't read any actual reviews on yet! But after reading reviews on the other Secrets resorts (all glowing!) and talking to a few TA's, my nerves were eased! Check out the Facebook pages; it also helped to learn that I wasn't the ONLY bride booking at a resort that wasn't yet open! PM me if you have any other questions...I know it's a daunting task picking the PERFECT place for that special day!

#19 Mookiie21

Mookiie21
                  • 44 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:09 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by blckrevpower
                    They don't open until this March. This gives them time to work out any kinks for any 2011 brides like me!
                    Hopefully, everything turns out well because this seems like a great new resort. And I've gotten prices. They seem very reasonable and they have nice wedding packages (for up to 20 guests) I don't know how much the charge would be for more guests. . .
                    Still waiting on an answer. . .
                    Let me know when you get an answer...I'd be interested in that info too! Hadn't thought to ask myself yet!

And hang in there...I know they are working their tails off getting ready for the Grand Opening just a few weeks away!

#20 cwbykitty

cwbykitty
                    • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:29 PM

These resorts have also caught my attention for my Dec 2010 wedding. Everything brand new sounds nice! Thanks for the information, I'm going to check out their FB pages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users