Photo

Deadly swine flu virus in Mexico

• Please log in to reply
1047 replies to this topic

#751 Summer&Nicholas

Summer&Nicholas
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:50 PM

Hey Ladies, still thinking of you all lately! Thanks for the support earlier to not read this and get worked up... I just can't though, I have to keep checking back to check up on how you all are doing!!

I just want to let you all know, especially ones deciding to troop through this..Don't watch the Dr's today. It's ALL on "H1N1" flu. It is very informative, but definitely (at times) not advising traveling there They even brought up wedding's not being an essential means of travel. However, it is good to watch as it really tells you things to do as far as precautionary measures and things like that! -Just a heads up, in case anyone would like to see that, or is a fan and would rather not hear not to go to Mexico.
    http://i647.photobuc....MIKKA585-1.jpg
    December 10th, 2009
    Grand Riviera Princess
    Nicholas & Summer

#752 Summer&Nicholas

Summer&Nicholas
    • 69 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:58 PM

Sorry...I just wanted to add that they did say "DONT PANIC!" Which is good to hear, but then again Travis Stork can try to comfort me any time!!!
      http://i647.photobuc....MIKKA585-1.jpg
      December 10th, 2009
      Grand Riviera Princess
      Nicholas & Summer

#753 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
      • 1,681 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:59 PM

Lisa- I am wondering the same thing? Have they said what is "essential". I think DW are essential, haha.

Jaime-That is such a sweet letter! I am so glad your sis sent you something too. It is always great to hear nice stories like that.

Summer- I didn't watch the dr's today. I guess I'm glad I didn't

#754 Adlergray

Adlergray
        • Banned
        • 294 posts

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Summer&Nicholas
          Hey Ladies, still thinking of you all lately! Thanks for the support earlier to not read this and get worked up... I just can't though, I have to keep checking back to check up on how you all are doing!!

I just want to let you all know, especially ones deciding to troop through this..Don't watch the Dr's today. It's ALL on "H1N1" flu. It is very informative, but definitely (at times) not advising traveling there They even brought up wedding's not being an essential means of travel. However, it is good to watch as it really tells you things to do as far as precautionary measures and things like that! -Just a heads up, in case anyone would like to see that, or is a fan and would rather not hear not to go to Mexico.
          Whats the DR's

#755 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
          • 1,681 posts

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Summer&Nicholas
            Sorry...I just wanted to add that they did say "DONT PANIC!" Which is good to hear, but then again Travis Stork can try to comfort me any time!!!
            Haha! He is really cute!

#756 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
            • 2,777 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:02 PM

OMG I've missed sooo much on here WOW!

Thanks Jaime on the pics! I feel like I always have a cute pic of Cattie up (she is my life) but I needed a change in all of the madness and these pics are from our lakehouse and hawaii so the change made me excited for a vacay!

Mesita Hun I am soo soo sorry, I have nothing more to add, I think Lisa and Jaime hit it right on the head!

Jaime that letter was so sweet I started tearing up!!! Can I borrow her for a few weeks?! I could use some emails like that to help me through H1N1 BS!

#757 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 12,151 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:02 PM

US airways has now extended their policy of waiving any change fees to include mexico travel up through 5/31:
                Travel Center

the large majority of my guests (and us included) have booked our flights through them, so this is a load off my back. still not ideal (and i don't want to reschedule elsewhere), but good to know that at least on the flight end, it might be possible to go to plan B without added costs to our guests.

haha "plan B" ... as if i have one!

#758 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
                • 1,681 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:06 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Adlergray
                  Whats the DR's

It is a talk t.v. show where different docs give their opinions and answer questions. They give professional medical advice. It is good! Here is the link to their website about the show:
                  Welcome

#759 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                  • 2,777 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:08 PM

LOL oh Lisa, at least you know FMIL is with you all the way!

#760 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
                    • 582 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by daisy14
                      You seem to have missed the part about this being a serious illness. If people do not want to risk getting sick that is their business and I don't think anyone is being "silly" or "B!tchy" because they are taking the proper precautions. Who are you to judge?
                      Pot calling kettle black here...you're being equally judgmental!

Let's all be supportive of each other here. Many are going through a very rough time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users