Deadly swine flu virus in Mexico

• Please log in to reply
1047 replies to this topic

#131 cowman1999

• 107 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:19 PM

I think the Cancun airport's real website is ASUR > Airports > Cancºn > Cancºn International Airport

#132 Married_In_Maui

• 929 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:23 PM

Not sure why there are two websites, but I checked both & neither one says anything about being shut down.

#133 pvbeachbride10

• 202 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:22 PM

I leave for Puerto Vallarta on Wednesday - ahh 2 days! It's just for a site visit.

My stepmom works in Mexico City and said that although it's a problem, it's being way blown out of proportion. She's fine. She also just got back from PV and said everything was business as usual. I'm a little concerned, but oh well. I can't wait to be on vacation.

#134 Married_In_Maui

• 929 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:33 PM

I hope you have a good (uneventful :) trip.) Be safe!

#135 Kara&Ryan

• 44 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:44 PM

I talked to my travel agent this morning and she said as long as there is no travel advisory issued by the Gov't of Canada it is all a go. If there is a travel warning for Canada then our destination will be relocated or we can get a full refund. I don't want either after all the planning and work that has been done!! Hang in there everyone!
            [SIGPIC]Kara & Ryan
            May 20, 2009
            Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

#136 niujess

• 167 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:47 PM

One of my best friends just canceled her honeymoon in Mexico for May and she called me saying what are you going to do about your wedding. I told her I'm really not worrying about it and it's like 7 months away I'm sure it will be old news by then.

#137 Married_In_Maui

• 929 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

I thought this website was helpful:
                Swine influenza and Severe Cases of Respiratory Illness in Mexico | CDC Travelers' Health

It is from the CDC & has current updates on the situation. It still states that the "CDC has NOT recommended that people avoid travel to Mexico at this time. If you are planning to travel to Mexico, follow these recommendations to reduce your risk of infection and help you stay healty." You can read their recommendations on the website.

Hope it helps give some of you some peace of mind (I think it helped to put me at ease just a bit to know that they are not recommending people to avoid travel to Mexico.)

#138 nathanielthompsonphoto

• 1,213 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:52 PM

I leave Saturday for Cancun to shoot a wedding. I'm not worried about it. I'll just wash my hands a lot

However, my wife worries a bit more than I do about those things, and she says I'm sleeping in the extra bedroom for a week when I get back

#139 RoryS

• 230 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by June_Dreams
                    OMG I am sooo freaking out on this too!! I feel so bad for your end of april brides/May brides yuo must be hearing it from all your guests as well.. this is so sad first the drug/gang issues and now this SHEESH can we get a break
                    Our wedding is coming up June 10th. At least now the focus is taken off the drug/gang issues...
                    I truly believe this will all have faded within the next month. I feel for the brides who are getting married in May, though... All the best to you May brides!

#140 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:14 PM

This just popped up when I checked my mail on yahoo...
                      Swine flu worry: US advises against Mexico trips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users