Deadly swine flu virus in Mexico

• Please log in to reply
1047 replies to this topic

#1001 Married_In_Maui

• 929 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:37 PM

I'm super glad to hear that you are going ahead with your Mexico wedding; you will have a blast!!!!

#1002 leastpond

• 9 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:20 PM

Just a note with GOOD NEWS!! The CDC has officially removed it's travel advisory warning against non-essential travel to Mexico!!! Check out the link below!

Novel H1N1 Flu and Severe Cases of Respiratory Illness in Mexico | CDC Travelers' Health

#1003 dear tulip

dear tulip
      • 46 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:52 PM

Awesome!!! Let´s me tell my US and Canadian friends right away!!

#1004 heidi_lk

• 80 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:10 PM

My wedding on wheels is off to Cuba on Sunday. Not my dream either but hoping for the best. Just give me some sun, the beach, and a drink and I am happy! Wish me luck.

#1005 yamille

• 1,460 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:23 PM

I wish you the best Heidi. i know your day will be beautiful!

#1006 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:49 PM

Good luck!

Our wedding is still on for May 24th! None of our guests freaked out - I am so proud of everyone!! :) Even my 70-something year old Grandparents! :)

It's ON! "Operation P.V. Rain or Swine!" (we got our "Rain or Swine" koozies in btw, they look awesome!)

We head out for P.V. on Tuesday!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#1007 MarieSam

• VIP Member
              • 2,336 posts
                • LocationSouthern California

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:16 PM

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!

The travel alert is being lifted all my fellow Swine Flu brides!!! Now it's just a precaution -- we made it through ladies!!!! We made it It's the best news I've heard in a month now Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed it stays like this...FOREVER!!!

I could not have made it through this entire ordeal without you guys...*many hugs* to each and everyone of you

#1008 Ayita

• 861 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

I am so glad for all you that are getting married in Mexico and maintained their plans !!!

Just to let you know that among my guest we had a 4 year old, a 6 year old, a 74 year old and an 81 year old and everybody is super healthy. Really, it was nothing ! So glad the CDC recognizes it.

Have a happy wedding everybody !

#1009 dinogomez.com

• 5,705 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:46 PM

Read the CDC article here:

Novel H1N1 Flu and Severe Cases of Respiratory Illness in Mexico | CDC Travelers' Health

#1010 JoLo908

• 889 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:18 PM

I just had a guest call and say they are still debating and making their final decision regarding our June 27th wedding.... can someone tell me, are there even swine flu cases in the RM??

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users