Sign in to follow this  
koonz99

Pricing for 2010 Weddings in Cancun/Mayan Riviera

We're in the same boat here as well - grr.

I've had a few different quotes for PDC as well as Cozumel (which were all fairly high).

I am waiting for my CAA TA to get back to me now.

I just got a set of quotes back for March and April of 2010. Trying to keep prices down, I asked for Viva Maya, Iberostar Tucan and Riu Tequila. For Riu Tequila in March it worked out to about 2200 from Edmonton and about 2000 from Toronto. First week of April it was just under 2k from Edmonton and about 1800. Looked at Viva Maya because it was cheap, there prices were about 1700 from Edmonton and 1500 from Toronto. We still haven't received anything from Iberostar. It's so frustrating, the TA says we should be booking now but these prices still seem rather high. With the way the CDN dollar is going, it should only be a matter of time before we're on par with the American dollar and prices should be a lot better by then. I wonder just how far in advance should you be booking to guarantee there is going to be enough room at the resort?

Got price from TA today for Grand Riviera Sunset Princess complex:

- Transat Holidays, departure from Quebec City airport in April

- Regency Club Deluxe Junior Suite

- 1 week for 1859$, taxes included.

Also called for pricing from AT2000

- Sunwing, departure from Quebec City airport in April

- Regular Junior Suite

- 1 week for 1895$, taxex included.

Waiting for pricing from Halifax as we are able to travel to either city before departure. Departures from Moncton, NB are really expensive.

Hey guys..... interesting thread. I love reading things like "my travel agent says wait, prices will go down..." Encouraging! MY TA says you need to book now, the prices won't change! grrr We are planning on getting married in February so I can't wait too long. Here are some quotes we got so far fyi... all based on dbl occupancy, per person, tax incl. flying from Montreal:

Grand Palladium - $1968

Riu - $2000 something

Grand Riviera Princess - $1960

Barcelo Maya Beach - $1880

We were quoted for the second week of April and there is a considerable diff. but I refuse to change the date:

Grand Riviera Princess - $1660

Barcelo Maya Beach - $1760

I already have the date saved at the Barcelo Maya Beach... so far they have the best price so we'll see. I'd like to book by mid-July early August... but I'd also like for the price to go down at least $100 per person. I am worried about my brother and his family.... want to keep it on the lower side for them, and they are flying out of BC so it will be more expensive.

Let's keep this thread alive!

Emailed the TA today and no sign of relief

"At this time, Transat and AC Vacations have only loaded their pricing up to end of December and it could be a few more weeks before we see pricing in January for the Royal Playa del Carmen. Pricing has been loaded for the Gran Porto Real"

Great, the Gran Porto Real prices for January 2010 are $2000+!!!! $700 more than the 2009 January prices!

for Canadian brides:

I was on the Red Tag Vacations site the other day and Air Canada is posting good prices to the Mayan for early February 2010, on some very nice resorts! Not last minute low pricing at all mind you, but pretty great for being this far out! I am set on February so I did not check other months, but I was surprised at these prices compared to what I have seen lately. I am still technically waiting for my engagement ring so I won't be able to book myself, but I have been searching for price information I was getting pricing starting at around $2200 +tax for these resorts a few days ago....

I used Calgary since that's where I am, here are some examples (all 1 week, double occupancy):

Barcelo Maya Palace, $1569 +292 Tax

Barcelo Maya Tropical $$1380 +282

Secrets Silversands $1315 +280 (this is by far the cheapest I have ever seen a Secrets resort from Calgary)

Dreams Tulum $1584 +$282

Paradisus $1664 +282

Gran Porto Real $1601 +282

Iberostar Lindo $1915 +282

Yes, the prices have dropped across the board for Mexico a few days ago!

TA said AC vacations usually posts first and are typically higher than the other tour operators. Transat should be posting their prices in the next few weeks and you should see even better deals.

My wedding is on Dec. 16/09 and Ive been waiting for rates from Transat as well... I was just on their website and they finally have winter rates out for some resorts (NH and Gran Bahia)... hopefully it won't be too long for other resorts!

thanks for all the posts....pricing is a big deal to us on picking a resort, I'm glad I'm not the only one that's getting frustrated with waiting for pricing to book.