traveling with votives

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
  • VIP Member
  • 931 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:57 AM

We carried ours on (through LAX) with NO problem.

#12 SPRINGBRIDE

SPRINGBRIDE
    • 60 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:04 PM

I brought both a glass vase and votives through Miami with no problem. The only thing they questioned was the colored sand I had for the sand ceremony, and after I explained they were fine with it.

#13 ajncooter

ajncooter
      • 983 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:53 PM

thanks guys this helps alot!

#14 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:59 PM

I didn't carry on any votives, but we did carry on our sand ceremony vessel and the 3 pouring glass containers including colored sand. They did a test on the sand when we went through security, but no issues with the glass. On the way home, I carried on only the full sand ceremony vessel and Jeff had the other glass stuff packed in his carryon. Again, they didn't care about the glass, but were very interested in the sand- another test and we were on our way- no problem.

#15 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
          • 4,979 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:02 PM

Sarah - they tested the sand? What'd they do with it?
            Happily Married since May 9, 2008
            Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#16 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
            • 5,248 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 06:24 PM

Airport Security: Ma'am are you aware that you are carrying 15 pounds of glass that could be used to break over someone's head and/or body part and could seriously injure/kill someone?

Sarah: Yes I am.

Airport Security: Oh, well we didn't really care about that. We actually just care about the colored sand. We are going to need to do some highly sophisticated, advanced tests pursuant to the United States Government Traveling with Colored Sand Act, Secion 18907, subsection B, number (5).

Sarah: Yeah, whatever I just got married, I don't care. You go ahead and run your little test. I'll just be making out with my hot, new hubby in the corner. Let us know when your done measuring your manhood, er I mean testing the sand.

Minutes later...
              Airport Security: Ma'am based on our extensive investigations we have reason to believe that your colored sand came from the desserts of Afghanistan. Have you traveled to Afghanistan recently?

Sarah: Uhhh no. Just Cabo to get married. And that sand came from A.C. Moore. Aisle 9 behind the colored paints. I bought it on sale. I have the receipt if you want to see it.

Airport Security: Sorry ma'am but we're going to need to confiscate the sand. You can however proceed to board the plane with your dangerous glass that could potentially kill someone. You have a great day ma'am.

#17 ajncooter

ajncooter
              • 983 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:15 PM

i love it...

#18 -Kate-

-Kate-
                • VIP Member
                • 7,676 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:58 PM

I can tell you feel better about your random allergic reaction bc you are back to being normal, fab you!!!

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
                  Airport Security: Ma'am are you aware that you are carrying 15 pounds of glass that could be used to break over someone's head and/or body part and could seriously injure/kill someone?

Airport Security: Oh, well we didn't really care about that. We actually just care about the colored sand. We are going to need to do some highly sophisticated, advanced tests pursuant to the United States Government Traveling with Colored Sand Act, Secion 18907, subsection B, number (5).

Sarah: Yeah, whatever I just got married, I don't care. You go ahead and run your little test. I'll just be making out with my hot, new hubby in the corner. Let us know when your done measuring your manhood, er I mean testing the sand.

Minutes later...
                  Airport Security: Ma'am based on our extensive investigations we have reason to believe that your colored sand came from the desserts of Afghanistan. Have you traveled to Afghanistan recently?

Sarah: Uhhh no. Just Cabo to get married. And that sand came from A.C. Moore. Aisle 9 behind the colored paints. I bought it on sale. I have the receipt if you want to see it.

Airport Security: Sorry ma'am but we're going to need to confiscate the sand. You can however proceed to board the plane with your dangerous glass that could potentially kill someone. You have a great day ma'am.

#19 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,996 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:42 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
                    Sarah - they tested the sand? What'd they do with it?
                    The first time, they ran some scanner thingy over it- this was in Detroit on our way to Cabo. On the way home, they tested it in Denver by wiping the outside of the sand ceremony vase with a damp cloth square thingy and put that through a machine! They asked me what in the world it was and I told them it was sand that I brought from the US to Cabo for my wedding sand ceremony. Total lie- the black and white sand I brought with me, the beach sand was right off Dreams' beach! lol

I'm such a liar and should go to jail- between lying about the Cabo sand, and smuggling my bouquet I'm going to need both Kate & Glenda to keep me out of prison.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Nrvsbride

Minutes later...

omg Glenda- I'm laughing so hard right now...you are sooo hilarious!

#20 ajncooter

ajncooter
                    • 983 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:42 PM

hahahahaha they are their way to get you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users