Sign in to follow this  
sjfreimark

Question about site visits

My FI and I have been to Cabo before but we have not been to the Riu Palace where we plan on getting married. We are thinking about maybe taking a site visit but because we are so tight with money it might not be possible. Does anyone know if you go down for a site visit if they give you any sort of discount?

Our TA negotiated a site visit into our room block contact for Dreams. I used Tammy (Host) from this site. You may want to check with your TA when you start a room block.

erika is right...i try to negotiate a free site visit into room blovks or at least a very discounted rate.

Our hotel offered us a "discount" rate. But, when I booked online using orbitz I got a better deal for flight and hotel- at the Sheraton.

I am acutally no going to be able to do one, but I had the option if I wanted to. (sigh)

Dreams gave us two free nights and additional nights at discounted rate. We stayed four nights. Bu only after we signed the contract. You can mention that to the coordinator at Riu and that you really have to do a site visit. Good luck! We passed by Riu and it is beautiful.

We got a deal on ours for 180.00 a night for the 2 of use and all the money goes twords our wedding package price! So its basicly free! I don't know if RIU will do it but its worth asking

I don't know how you are used to traveling, but if you'd be comfortable with staying at a less familiar place, I would suggest breaking out the Lonely Planet at staying somewhere that may fit in your budget.

All great ideas-thank you! I will have to contact the Riu and find out of there is any "deals" they can make with us if we sign a contract during our site visit!! I will look into it more.......thanks so much :)