Photo

Question about site visits

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sjfreimark

sjfreimark
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:18 PM

My FI and I have been to Cabo before but we have not been to the Riu Palace where we plan on getting married. We are thinking about maybe taking a site visit but because we are so tight with money it might not be possible. Does anyone know if you go down for a site visit if they give you any sort of discount?

#2 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,569 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:44 PM

Our TA negotiated a site visit into our room block contact for Dreams. I used Tammy (Host) from this site. You may want to check with your TA when you start a room block.

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:54 PM

erika is right...i try to negotiate a free site visit into room blovks or at least a very discounted rate.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 cbohern

cbohern
      • 31 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:18 AM

Our hotel offered us a "discount" rate. But, when I booked online using orbitz I got a better deal for flight and hotel- at the Sheraton.

#5 deefalvey

deefalvey
        • 521 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:02 PM

Erika - when are you doing your site visit?
          Bill and DeannaJuly 24, 2009

#6 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,569 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:08 PM

I am acutally no going to be able to do one, but I had the option if I wanted to. (sigh)

#7 melissa7821

melissa7821
            • 25 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:58 PM

Dreams gave us two free nights and additional nights at discounted rate. We stayed four nights. Bu only after we signed the contract. You can mention that to the coordinator at Riu and that you really have to do a site visit. Good luck! We passed by Riu and it is beautiful.

#8 Adlergray

Adlergray
              • Banned
              • 294 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:13 PM

We got a deal on ours for 180.00 a night for the 2 of use and all the money goes twords our wedding package price! So its basicly free! I don't know if RIU will do it but its worth asking

#9 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
                • 600 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:10 PM

I don't know how you are used to traveling, but if you'd be comfortable with staying at a less familiar place, I would suggest breaking out the Lonely Planet at staying somewhere that may fit in your budget.

#10 sjfreimark

sjfreimark
                  • 81 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:57 PM

All great ideas-thank you! I will have to contact the Riu and find out of there is any "deals" they can make with us if we sign a contract during our site visit!! I will look into it more.......thanks so much :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users