When is it too late to have an engagement party?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lizzyup

• Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:43 PM

I got engaged a few months ago. I told my sister about it and she said she wants to throw me an engagement party. I know she is really busy so I don't bother her about it. I just don't want a year to pass by and then she throws us a party. When is it too late to have an engagement party?

#2 seaprincess

• 753 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:23 PM

We got engaged Dec 2007 and our engagement party was July 2008. As long as it's before the wedding and the bridal shower I think you're safe!
      Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#3 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
      • 1,326 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:34 PM

A family member had an engagement dinner 8 months after because they were planning a wedding two years ahead.

#4 JulieG

• VIP Member
        • 8,323 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:44 PM

Etiquette is that you have it no later than a year after your engagement, and no later than 6 months before the wedding date. I know that people don't follow etiquette much anymore, but if you want people to come to your wedding shower and your wedding its best not to invite them to too many things in too short a time frame. Does that make sense?

#5 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:50 PM

yeah I was going to say the same thing - as long as it is before the bridal shower and wedding it is absolutely fine

#6 jam8x2

• 82 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:46 PM

I got engaged in October and had our engagement party in May. Things were great, it was exciting to talk about getting engaged after a while from it happening.

#7 TheFutureMrs.Sears

• 734 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:09 PM

Great thread because I had the same question. Thanks for the advice

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
                http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users