Jump to content


How do I tell my Guests to book Now?

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jk1101

  • Sr. Member
  • 2,582 posts

    Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:18 AM

    My STDs went out a week and a half ago and most people got them already.

    The TA I'm working with allows people to put money down now and make payments all year so they will definitely have rooms.
    Right now I have 12 blocked (with a deposit on each one)

    I've invited 47 people and my mom is the only one calling to book!

    Am I being overanxious that nobody else has called the TA

    And hardly anyone has called me to tell me they got the card!

    I just lost my job so between this site and Facebook I have a lot of time to think about wedding stuff, even though it's a year away!

    Here are pics of my STDs...my camera broke right after I took them!
    [IMG]Click the image to open in full size.

    [IMG]Click the image to open in full size.

    #2 Betsy


      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 4,513 posts

      Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:28 AM

      I don't think you need to start freaking out yet. Your wedding is still 1 year away, and people are probably just waiting to book. Did you put a date on the STD for the deadline to book?

      PS Your STDS look cute

      #3 jk1101

      • Sr. Member
      • 2,582 posts

        Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:37 AM

        I didn't put a deadline, although I think there might be one on the website. I have to check. I'm probably being obsessive....I'm just excited and want to know who will be coming!

        #4 Erika J

        Erika J

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

          Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:39 AM

          Yes, I am not sure if it was the economy or my weddign being so far out, but ALL of my guests except for 4 waited until the last minute to book.

          I sent out my STD at the beggining of Feb and the first (lowest price) booking deadline was April 1st, well so many of our family and friends literally waited until March 31st that the TA was overwhelmed with phone calls and emails. She was able to get an extension on the deadline and get everyone booked. So finally most of the people booked about 7 months out.

          So I would not be suprised if this is the case for you as well.. Hope it all works out.

          #5 Erika J

          Erika J

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 8,569 posts

            Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:40 AM

            Opps, I forgot to mention 2 weeks prior to April 1st I sent a reminder email and that is when everyone got moving.

            #6 Jennifer Davis

            Jennifer Davis
            • Member
            • 582 posts

              Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:22 PM

              I just sent out an email letting people know that fares had been reduced and to book soon to take advantage. I am also sending my invites out super early and asking for a 6.30.09 RSVP date. My response cards ask for the reservation number and the dates of travel for the guests.

              #7 jerzygirl85

              • Jr. Member
              • 342 posts

                Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:33 PM

                I am in the process of blocking rooms now and my ta said that guests can call to book also. Since my wedding is also a year away, I am not worried about no one booking now. besides airfares aren't out yet, so i think most people will wait anyway until those fares come out that way they call the ta and book the air and hotel at the same time. My rsvp date will be August 15th since I need to release x amount of unused rooms without penalty sometime in the fall. Plus i will get an idea of who will actually go so i can arrange other things.

                Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!


                #8 YoursTruly

                • Sr. Member
                • 1,097 posts

                  Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:42 PM

                  Firstly, I would recomend undoing outting down a deposit for anyone, especially since you lost your job. You will find that people, even though most mean well, will do things in their own time. I would suggest you let your TA do the leg work and for now, try to get enough of a deposit from your folks to hold your cotract intact. You ave plenty of time so just let the TA determine all the details and get it out to our folks. Plan a contingency also in case you have to re-do any group bookings. Good luck!

                  #9 ~Nicole~

                  • Sr. Member
                  • 4,512 posts

                    Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:56 PM

                    When you figure it out let me know too!!!!!

                    I sent my STD's in October 2008 for my Nov 2009 wedding. I had to pay a deposit for 10 people to hold the bookings and I have had ONE person put a deposit down!! I currently am sitting in a position where I may lose thousands of dollars!

                    I guess its just people's nature to wait until the last minute.
                    *Formerly Nikki07*
                    My Planning Thread

                    #10 red789

                    • Newbie
                    • 37 posts

                      Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:45 PM

                      My wedding is in November, sent save the dates in April with booking details. guests must pay a $200 desposit by June 15, 2009, if they want to secure the price we have negociated with Sunquest Vacations. Nobody, including myself has given the deposit - but im not worried - though i would give a deadline so you can plan for oot bags, welcome dinners, excursions etc.

                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users