Should I wait to book until air and resort can be booked together?
Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:25 PM
I've heard a lot about how great the deals can be if you book airfare and resort together vs. booking resort and then airfare a few months later. We're getting married in April 2010 in Jamaica and am getting info. from travel agents but thought I'd try here first!
Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:28 PM
Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:31 PM
Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:34 PM
Also, as far as I know airfare doesn't come out until 330 days until the date, so that would put you at the end of May not April. I have been patiently waiting myself..............also because I can't make a decision on what resort to go with!
Good luck, with whatever you decide!!
Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:57 PM
Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:51 AM
Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:29 AM
Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:33 AM
Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:01 PM
Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:21 PM
First thing I did tho was extensive research on resorts. After a month or so of getting prices n stuff, I finally settled on RIU Ocho Rios-I fell in love withit, and knew I wanted to get married there! Once I decided on that resort, we got a quote for May 2010---knew it was just a quote...to get an idea of pricing....it was difficult b/c Sunquest didnt have their prices out yet.....and for some reason, I felt a bit weary booking hotel and air seperately.....
Next I got out my invitations, we put them out end of feb....the invitation also served as a brochure to the resort-they were AWESOME!......AT THIS POINT, ROR had put out their 2010 wedding packaged and pricing.....so dates were avaiable to book.....we wanted the first week of May--so we booked immediately, as I heard a lot of the spring dates sell out fast! Once we had the wedding booked with ROR-we had I think 120 days to confirm it--with out booking reference...and of course, we were all booking as a group--so we set a date for guests to rsvp by--this way, by booking early, those who wanted to go were sure to get there! It worked out fine, and we now have 25 confirmed guests......with more to book Im sure.....then we went back and confirmed the wedding with the booking reference.
HAVING SAID ALL THIS.......I took a lot of grief from people, saying we booked too early--but in our defense.......sunquest flies from toronto...so with the ai package plus flight from NL we're looking at a lot of money--and we wanted to give our guests ample opportunity to pay for the trip, its OUR wedding, we wanted a plan...we wanted a date, and now--I can take a deep breath, and know that our plan is in place. Id much rather do it this way then book it seperately,.......from what Im seeing....pricing everything this year (in consideration for next year) even now at a month away.....the resort isn "on sale", airfare did not drop.....and even on sunquest website......the price is around the same...........
I know this was a long post to a simple question, but I thought Id share our booking experience.....thats all---we booked over a year in advance, yes....but we made sure we go what we wanted.....and we're not going to be paying a ridiculous price!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users