Photo

To TTD or KTD (keep the dress)...that is the question?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Nisi39

Nisi39
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:41 PM

I’ve noticed quite a few women looking for bargain TTD dresses, and I can understand that if you’re dropping a wad of dough on your wedding gown but I was wondering if there is anyone else trashing the actual wedding dress you’re exchanging vows in? Or is there just some unwritten rule that says you don’t?
    I’m thinking this for a couple of reasons: My dress is being custom made for me as a gift and all I have to buy is the material…so it’s extremely che….ahem... I mean reasonably priced. Also, even though my dress is extremely informal…I doubt very seriously that I’d have another opportunity to wear it again nor do I think I’d want to. I think that after
    I get some fabulous shots of me in the dress it’s pretty much a done deal anyway. So aside from your dress being expensive why else would you not roll around in the sand in it?

#2 leogurl

leogurl
    • 66 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:47 PM

I plan to do TTD in my original dress, but I don't plan on spending much on my wedding dress anyway. I could see not wanting to ruin it though for sentimental purposes or if it was being worn again at an at-home-reception. I have heard from some brides that their dress was fine after a TTD session, so it's possible it might not even be ruined.

#3 seaprincess

seaprincess
      • 753 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:58 PM

I did the TTD in my actual dress, and it wasn't ruined at all...in fact, it was cleaner than after the wedding. I say use your real dress - it was amazing!
        Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#4 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
        • 2,777 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:00 PM

Try using the search on the forum. The TTD to be used or not has been discussed SEVERAL times. You'll find on the forum that it runs probably about 50/50 w/ girls getting a new dress for TTD and girls actually using THE dress for TTD

#5 islandbride317

islandbride317
          • 1,866 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:07 PM

Since I want to keep my actual dress to wear for my AHR, I think I will be doing a semi-TTD, if that is even possible! I'm sure I'll want to take some pics in the sand with my new hubby, sure, but any type of submerging in water is out of the question! Sand will shake out, and it will still be easy enough to get dry cleaned back to perfection at home!

Plus I already have in mind a second cocktail dress for the reception at the resort, so to buy another dress for the TTD would make 3 and that's a little much in my opinion!

~ Christie

#6 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:29 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by seaprincess
              I did the TTD in my actual dress, and it wasn't ruined at all...in fact, it was cleaner than after the wedding. I say use your real dress - it was amazing!
              DITTO - i say go for it! Mine is cleaner now

#7 Jena0609

Jena0609
              • 75 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:44 PM

I plan on wearing my actual ceremony dress. My mom bought my dress and I talked to her about it. Right away she said "It's your dress, and asked when would I wear it again anyway?" I had thought about wearing it at our AHR, but I am still not sure. Either way a few girls have mentioned that once they got it dry cleaned that it looked brand new. I am so excited...I heard that some of the best pictures are taking that day. Yay!
                Mexico Wedding Cancelled!

#8 Ayita

Ayita
                • 861 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:58 AM

Mine is all silk and I want to donate it... So I don't want to ruin it ! I got a cheap one that will probably not suffer from the TTD, so I can actually even donate the two of them !!

Brides Against Breast Cancer

http://makingmemorie..._the_dress.html

#9 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
                  • 698 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:13 AM

I'm planning on using the my actual wedding dress and I'll get it cleaned once I returned...
                    I just don't want to travel with two dresses :0) since we are already traveling with so much stuff.

#10 purrfected

purrfected
                    • 396 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:14 AM

Ayita, I love the idea of donating your wedding dress. Thanks for the info!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users