Photo

Are you religious?

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:37 AM

Sorry, off topic again but Morgan I love that you changed your title to "soon2b bucknaked diva" lmao

#42 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:40 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009
      Sorry, off topic again but Morgan I love that you changed your title to "soon2b bucknaked diva" lmao
      i did that last week, but i need to change it again. my BD pics were sunday.

#43 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:59 AM

i just had to say that im really really happy everyone is being so respectful of everyone else in this thread. maybe im excited and all emotional about going on my honeymoon finally in a couple days, or whatever, but im all smiling inside as i read all your replies and comments to each other.

so i just wanted to say, thanks for being so kind to each other! thats why i HEART bdw :)

#44 Birdie07

Birdie07
      • 1,218 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:34 PM

I like this thread. I can't believe how many Catholics there are. Though I'm about to be the odd one out. I am NOT religious. I think I just have bad experiences. I was raised LDS (Mormon) till I was 19/20. Most of my friends still are Mormon and so are my parents. All of my 6 siblings though have gone away. Some are still semi-active.

I just have some major conflicts with some of the belief system and the rules. I also don't agree with some of their practices. They push boys to go on missions at 19 and when they return they are practically forced to marry. I don't agree with marriage that young (though some exceptions ). It's almost breeding to me. The girls go to college for their "family degree". For real it's a degree called Family Marriage something. Anyways there's quite a few things I don't agree with but that one bugs me to no end.

My DH is the same. He didn't grow up Mormon but was converted (by his ex) when he was 18?? maybe. He is now non-religious like me. We will not force our children to go to church. If they want to go (when they are old enough to understand) then they can. But I was forced to go to church. Just like other families my best friend once was beaten b/c she didn't want to go. Her dad tied her up and beat her. That is so off topic. But yeah no force on my kids. Anyways I guess b/c of those experiences I'm not even spiritual. I did dabble in Wicca after leaving but don't consider myself that either. I do find religious very interesting and LOVE watching documentaries on it. I loved the Da Vinci Code and love reading about the Catholic religion (my mom was born and raised Catholic). So I love hearing other views.

#45 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,328 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:18 PM

"love is my religion. take it or leave it, you don't have to believe it."- ziggy marley

#46 Birdie07

Birdie07
          • 1,218 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:22 PM

For some reason I cannot edit my post in this thread? Weird.

#47 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:24 PM

Calia, you can only edit a post for about an hour after posting it. After that, only the mods can do it.

#48 Birdie07

Birdie07
              • 1,218 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:27 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by carly
                Calia, you can only edit a post for about an hour after posting it. After that, only the mods can do it.
                Wow...I never knew that...hahah learn something new everyday. :)

#49 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:24 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian
                  I've considered myself agnostic since I was 13. I do however enjoy paganism, but I wouldn't consider myself a pagan.
                  Ditto on paganism. Christianity has it's roots in paganism. Studying Constantine (badass power-tripping killer who made Christianity big business) completely challenged everything I was ever told to believe. I thought all these tenets came from some holy man who knew Jesus back in the day but nope, they came from a charismatic pagan who wasn't even Christian himself until on his death bed. They should have never taught me to read haha

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by katrina
                  "love is my religion. take it or leave it, you don't have to believe it."- ziggy marley
                  Amen to that! (great album btw!!)

#50 Debs

Debs
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,104 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:58 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ginacampora
                    Totally off topic, but what kind of dog do you have? Looks like a goldendoodle...

Glad I caught this, yes he is :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users