Photo

Anyone use their engagement ring as their wedding band?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:59 PM

So my engagement ring is a pretty thick band. I couldnt imagine what kind of wedding band would go with it.

Click the image to open in full size.

Im thinking I could just use it as my weddind band. But thought Id see what the lovely BDW ideas may be :)

#2 yamille

yamille
    • 1,460 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:33 PM

Your ring is so unique. It is thick- I don't know what else might go with it. If anything maybe switch it to your right hand and a wedding band on the left like many brides do? I know of people who only do one or the other. It's all personal I think.

#3 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
      • 475 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:39 PM

I know a friend who used her engagement ring as her band as well. She worked in a lab and did not want a stone thank stood up - it is too likely to tear the gloves.

But...for your ring...I think you could use your engagement ring as your band or you might be able to have a jeweler create a really thin (2mm or less) band of torquoise or diamonds...it could be a nice complement. I definitely think you will have to have the band custom made if you want it to go with the ring.

Another suggestion would be to talk to a local jeweler - they may have some ideas
        Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#4 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
        • 1,225 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:21 AM

oooooo a band of turquoise. I like that idea!

#5 big3n09

big3n09
          • 616 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:22 AM

Your ring is very unique, I agree with the very thin band of diamonds maybe. You should try some rings on with it to see how they lookto you and then you can get a better idea of what you may want.
            4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#6 eloping789

eloping789
            • 290 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:34 AM

Very beautiful and interesting ring - I love it! I would certainly not hesitate to wear it as your wedding band. :-)

#7 Starryt

Starryt
              • 127 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:49 AM

I have a wide band solitaire engagement ring- we opted to just have the one ring but ended up buying a 2MM wedding band, its thin and doesn't make my hand look crowded.

#8 nibsmom

nibsmom
                • 564 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:21 AM

I really like the idea of having a thin band of turquoise too! I think that would look really pretty! I love rings with color!!

#9 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
                  • 1,225 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:46 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Starryt
                    I have a wide band solitaire engagement ring- we opted to just have the one ring but ended up buying a 2MM wedding band, its thin and doesn't make my hand look crowded.
                    Would you mind posting a picture?

#10 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
                    • 1,326 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:43 AM

You do have a nice unique ring so maybe you don't want to mess with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users