Sign in to follow this  
SgtPepperette

Anyone use their engagement ring as their wedding band?

So my engagement ring is a pretty thick band. I couldnt imagine what kind of wedding band would go with it.

Click the image to open in full size.

Im thinking I could just use it as my weddind band. But thought Id see what the lovely BDW ideas may be :)

Your ring is so unique. It is thick- I don't know what else might go with it. If anything maybe switch it to your right hand and a wedding band on the left like many brides do? I know of people who only do one or the other. It's all personal I think.

I know a friend who used her engagement ring as her band as well. She worked in a lab and did not want a stone thank stood up - it is too likely to tear the gloves.

But...for your ring...I think you could use your engagement ring as your band or you might be able to have a jeweler create a really thin (2mm or less) band of torquoise or diamonds...it could be a nice complement. I definitely think you will have to have the band custom made if you want it to go with the ring.

Another suggestion would be to talk to a local jeweler - they may have some ideas

Your ring is very unique, I agree with the very thin band of diamonds maybe. You should try some rings on with it to see how they lookto you and then you can get a better idea of what you may want.

I have a wide band solitaire engagement ring- we opted to just have the one ring but ended up buying a 2MM wedding band, its thin and doesn't make my hand look crowded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starryt View Post
I have a wide band solitaire engagement ring- we opted to just have the one ring but ended up buying a 2MM wedding band, its thin and doesn't make my hand look crowded.
Would you mind posting a picture?