Centerpiece for AHR?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 DEE1978

DEE1978
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:12 PM

Hi Girls!

I am have been surfing the web all day today for centerpiece ideas for my AHR at the end of June. To save $$, I am looking for DIY centerpieces. The ATR is actually going to be a luncheon with 140 people. I LOVE peonies and thought about buying them in bulk and just arrange them in a low wide glass vase. But since peonies are so $$, I have found some other ideas (pics below). I do not know which arrangements below really match the decor of my reception (pic of venue below-no blue table cloth) although peonies will go well. I like the tall cylinders but not sure if they will look okay on the round tables. HELP!

Thanks!!Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

#2 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
    • VIP Member
    • 2,861 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:11 PM

I like the cylinders, but I think if you just put one on the table it wouldnt look big enough. Why not try getting a larger shallow dish and put some floating flowers in it with water? I Think that would look really great!

#3 DEE1978

DEE1978
      • 134 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:41 PM

Good idea! Thanks!!! I am trying picture what type of shallow bowl/vase. ..

#4 ajncooter

ajncooter
        • 983 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:04 PM

i love the cylinders and they are super cheap you can get them at the dollar store!

#5 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:23 PM

I think the sunken flowers are a great idea...it makes the flower look bigger
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#6 JessicaM

JessicaM
          • Vendor
          • 1,969 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:41 PM

If you peonies....try large Dahlias. They have the fullness that peonies have and they are less expensive too. They come in all colors as well. You can put a bunch of those in a small round or square vase in different colors on the table and its looks beauitful. I have done that a few of my friends weddings (guess this becomes you job when you have worked at florist!)

#7 DEE1978

DEE1978
            • 134 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:43 PM

Thanks so much ladies!
              I like the cylinder but I think Raydensmama may be right about only using one cylinder. I just love the sunken flower idea in the cylinder but I do not think it will match our vendor location. It seems as though a low centerpiece will work better.
              Jessica, when you arrange the dahlias (love them) did you use a low vase? How many dahlias?

~Denise

#8 LadyP

LadyP
              • 3,156 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:46 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by DEE1978
                Hi Girls!

I am have been surfing the web all day today for centerpiece ideas for my AHR at the end of June. To save $$, I am looking for DIY centerpieces. The ATR is actually going to be a luncheon with 140 people. I LOVE peonies and thought about buying them in bulk and just arrange them in a low wide glass vase. But since peonies are so $$, I have found some other ideas (pics below). I do not know which arrangements below really match the decor of my reception (pic of venue below-no blue table cloth) although peonies will go well. I like the tall cylinders but not sure if they will look okay on the round tables. HELP!

Thanks!!Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
                How did you create these. Did you just cut the stem of the plant and submerge it into the water? are these fake or fresh flowers

#9 SusanK

SusanK
                • VIP Member
                • 2,685 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:10 PM

For our AHR, I'm going to use a larger shallow bamboo bowl filled with flower petals and a few votives. I saw this in a bridal mag, and thought it was easy and beautiful!
                  Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#10 DEE1978

DEE1978
                  • 134 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:34 PM

Catherine,
                    I actually found these pics on online somewhere...I googled the hell out of the word "centerpiece." I think it is pretty easy to recreate these ceterpieces.
                    Susan,
                    My centerpieces for my the DW will be petals and candles which would be really easy to recreate but my AHR is actually a noon luncheon so I do not think candles will have a nice effect especially since the venue has so many windows Any other ideas?

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users