Photo

What do you think????

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 sjfreimark

sjfreimark
  • 81 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:33 AM

I am new to this whole do-it-yourself thing but really excited!! I am wanting to make my STD's soon and am debating with a couple of ideas. I have a monogram made and was planning sealing the envelopes with the monogram. What I am having a problem with is how I want to do my save the dates. I really want to do them using my wedding colors (pink and brown) and just thought about getting card stock and doing it that way. I love this idea but I want to let people know I want them to RSVP by January 15, 2010. My FI and I have a website that people can RSVP to that I will mention on the card but I feel I should also send an RSVP card too. What do you think? Also, how do I include an RSVP card with my STD? I am worried it will look weird to have a RSVP card with the kind of STD I want. HELP!!!

#2 Inked1

Inked1
    • 161 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:56 AM

I think if you send RSVP cards along with a Save the Date you might get some very confused guests...people will be unsure if they received a Save the Date or if that is the actual invitation.
      It is a good idea to direct people to your website so they can work on travel details, but I am not sure you will get many RSVPs that early. I think even including travel most guests may be reluctant to say yes 6 months prior to your wedding. It seems most people will wait until the last possible minute (or forget to RSVP to the wedding at all!)

Just some thoughts from the frequent wedding guest perspective...

#3 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:46 AM

Some of the ladies have done something on their web sites asking for an initial thought on who might be going - totally non-committal, but just a check-in really.

But I agree, I wouldn't send an actual RSVP card with the STDs - what about an enclosure asking people only if they think they will be able to attend and directing them to the web site to let you know? That way it's sort of like an RSVP card, but without being one.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#4 Sammygurlj

Sammygurlj
      • 165 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:57 AM

I wouldn't send RSVP cards with the STD's. Put something in the STD about the website and they can RSVP there if they want but wait to send RSVP cards with the actual invitations. STD are meant to be a heads up to guests, most probably won't really give you an answer until they get an invitation.

#5 pvbeachbride10

pvbeachbride10
        • 202 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:40 PM

I think it's okay to ask your guests to respond on your website, but agree with pp on the STD plus RSVP card. I've seen a few girls send the STD as not really a save the date and include everything. It's just an early invite followed up with one a few months later.

#6 merocket59

merocket59
          • 937 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:06 PM

If you want to do STDs with cardstock I made luggage tag STDs with cardstock I can give you instructions if you want it was pretty easy but a little time consuming, and always make extra, everytime I thought I was done someone would tell me about some random family member that I HAD to invite even though the probably won't come haha I can't tell you how many times I have heard that line! I didn't make RSVP cards with them but they could be incorporated.

#7 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
            • 516 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:06 PM

How about uploading your monogram to Vistaprint and making postcards or magnets and then printing the logo on the envelopes too for a personal touch? I did this and then stamped the envelopes with a sand dollar stamp.

#8 sjfreimark

sjfreimark
              • 81 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:35 PM

Great ideas!!! Thank you! I definitely don't wan to send my RSVP cards with my STD's but I want to know a head count about 5 months in advance. Is it weird to send my invites out early. Like maybe around December or January for a June 19, 2010 wedding date?

#9 scottgm2

scottgm2
                • 229 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:13 PM

keep in mind that you head count will probally change get it that far in advance. things will come up and people will have to change their plans. Keep in mind when you get your head count that it may not be exact

#10 MexicoBeachBride2010

MexicoBeachBride2010
                  • 280 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:38 PM

I actually feel different. I wrote a STD letter to our guests explaining what we are doing and included a card with travel info and a postcard that asked for an estimate for attendance of our wedding in Punta Cana to help with our planning process. We want people to come to our wedding if they are able but I also cant book anything in punta cana until i have some idea as to the number of guests planning on going and won't be sending formal invites til after Jan 2010 for our May 2010 wedding. I can email you my templates if you would like to see them. Good luck with your planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users