Dreams La Romana

• Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#2781 bride5656

bride5656
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:25 AM

Hi sweetie,

Thank you so much for letting me know that you will be in DR and can talk to Fanny. She has contacted me briefly about a month ago and I still have not heard anything substantial back and after talking to my FI we decided to go with hotel florist, as it will be easier at this time and we also know approximate prices for our budget :))

Hope you will have loads of fun in DR, we can't wait to go there in Feb so much!!! :D

Originally Posted by Dreams723 

Amurka, these bags are beautiful!  I am sure your guests will love them and enjoy the goodies inside!  I take it you haven't spoken to Fanny, I do apologize, I will actually be in DR next weekend and will see her next Friday night, let me know if you'd like me to have her contact you.

Sabrina, I didn't have a rehearsal dinner.  I had a Bonfire on the beach with a DJ which turned out really nice and was tons of fun. 

#2782 bride5656

bride5656
    • 338 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:27 AM

@ snakcake, how are you doing hon, have you heard anything back from the hotel regarding your wedding date confirmation?? really hope everything is going as planned and you go some news :))) Let us know :))xoxo

#2783 bride5656

bride5656
      • 338 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:30 AM

OK girls I also realised something just now looking at our list of wedding dates:

@Sabrina - hon you are the next one in line to get married yay!!!! :Dxx can you believe it?!!! :)))

And @chanelo sweetie you and me are right after Sabrina!!!...it just hit me how quickly its going to happen and I am soooo super excited :D Just need to get the Xmas out of the way and let the count down begin lol :D

xoxo

#2784 snakcake

snakcake
        • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by katierenae 

Snakcake-there should be a box at the top of your wedding request form/credit card authorization that says "please fill this form out and send scanned by email with a photocopy of your credit card both sides and an ID"
          if you missed that and haven't done it that way, that may be why they haven't confirmed it.  So you have to print out the forms they sent you, fill them out by hand, make copies of your credit card and ID and then scan them into your computer and email them to the email address I gave you for Yanna.  Once you do it that way you should hear back shortly....fingers crossed!!!!

Originally Posted by amurka 

@ snakcake, how are you doing hon, have you heard anything back from the hotel regarding your wedding date confirmation?? really hope everything is going as planned and you go some news :))) Let us know :))xoxo

So I printed out the paperwork Yanna sent me, and there's no box telling me to scan the form and copy my credit card. When I emailed Yanna 2 months ago asking her what I needed to do to confirm the date, I guess I made the mistake of asking too many questions. She responded "Yes you can do the symbolic ceremony and bring your own officiant without extra charge". I emailed a couple more times just asking about confirming, but... still waiting! My TA is trying to contact the resort for me, so I don't have to spend $$$ in long distance calls, so I'm *patiently* waiting to hear from her.

Thanks katierenae for the info!!

amurka I love the wedding box! I will definitely look into one of those.

#2785 Sabrinaa

Sabrinaa
          • 54 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:29 PM

I can't believe how fast my date is coming!!!!  I'm really excited and trying not to stress too much.  Only little details left....but I can FEEL the clock ticking....

#2786 brendee2005

brendee2005
            • 456 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

Once the holidays come the days will go storming by! @Sabrina are you nervous? I get nervous when I think how close my date is and its only 6 months away so I can imagine what a wreck.I will be Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

#2787 brendee2005

brendee2005
              • 456 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:31 AM

Hey Amurka!

Where did yiu get that box?

Originally Posted by amurka 

Hello ladies :)))xx

Hope you all doing well and you had a lovely week and now all enjoying your well deserved weekend :D not been on here for some time now so though will see what you all up to?! :)))

Last night was Katie's legal ceremony in DLR and tonight its her reception and anudrm's big day too!!! Yay ladies, if you will real this, CONGRATULATION!!!! :Dxxx Have loads of fun and enjoy every minute of it girls and once again congrats on becoming MRS!!! :Dxx

So for ladies who are thinking about options on how to transport their priceless wedding dresses to DLR, as I mentioned some time ago I ordered one of the travel wedding box's many brides use. They come in sizes of you hand luggage, so you can fold your dress in it and carry it with you on the plane and don't be worries about putting it in the hold luggage and it being lost or smth...(this is what I am afraid most..)

So my box has arrived yesterday and it looks amazing, on the inside of the lid it has also our calligraphic hand written names and date of our wedding (which is very sweet:)), here are some pictures too :

DSC01945.JPG

DSC01946.JPG

DSC01947.JPG

xoxo

Attached Files

#2788 bride5656

bride5656
                • 338 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:57 AM

Hi Brendee :))xx

Hope you are well hon :)) I am based in the UK and got my box from here http://www.emptybox....g-travel-boxes/ The Empty Box Company - although they are based in the UK too, they do deliver to US :))

Hope it helps xoxo

#2789 brendee2005

brendee2005
                  • 456 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

Thanks! I will definitely purchase one :) Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

#2790 Lopez0117

Lopez0117
                    • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

LIST OF WEDDINGS IN DREAMS LA ROMANA smile159.gif

anudrm (Selina) 12 November 2011

DreamsBride2011 (Katie) November 11th, 2011 (reception November 12th, 2011)

Sabrina December 17, 2011

Chanelo February 24th 2012

Amurka 6th March 2012

Cynthia (CynMay2012) - May 4th 2012

brendee2005 May 5th, 2012

soccer1615 July 5th 2012

Lopez0117 June 1st, 2012

Romana uk 2012 September 7th 2012

gem2wed2012 October 19th 2012

Vancouver Bride, 29 Oct, 2012

jess819 November 9th, 2012

Jessicalynneh November 10th, 2012