3934 replies to this topic

#201 LaRomanaBride

LaRomanaBride
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:24 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amygirl1169
    Welcome, LaRomanaBride!
    I think you have the earliest wedding date out of all of us, so hopefully you will be able to give us some great advice based on your experience after your wedding!! :)

I am also doing the free package with an upgrade (paying per person) for the private ceremony, but what you mentioned with the $1000 plus tax flat rate is interesting... I didn't know such an option existed!

There have been a lot of pics and info posted throughout this thread so I hope you find it useful!!
    Yes I will be there in a short 3 months!
    Everything on this thread has been soooo helpful!!

I initially wanted to have a beach reception, but it worked out to being about 75 per person because i wanted steak and alll the yummy food from the menu. I told Tiara that this was too expensive, and that i was looking for a cheaper option...and Voila! She suggested renting one of the a la carte's for the evening. Still pricey, but cheaper than paying per head. Not a bad idea...

#202 nicole8

nicole8
    • 83 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:50 PM

does anyone know if we can go down and do the civil ceremony and then come after and do it legal in canada so we can get by spending all the money on translating the certificates and not take away from the ceremony?

#203 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
      • 653 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:01 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by nicole8
        does anyone know if we can go down and do the civil ceremony and then come after and do it legal in canada so we can get by spending all the money on translating the certificates and not take away from the ceremony?
        I believe you're referring to doing a symbolic ceremony - (I think civil still means legal), which can be done by anyone and is not actually legal.
        We are getting married at City Hall a few weeks prior to our trip and then having the symbolic ceremony at DLR - keeping the legal day very low key and not really inviting anyone because we want everyone to know that the symbolic wedding is what's most important. We're only inviting my grandfather, who at 96, cannot travel to the DR.

It seems to be what most brides do, as I've heard getting the paperwork translated and recognized by your home country is very difficult and time consuming.

In the case of a symbolic wedding, I believe the WC at the resort officiates the ceremony. I am thinking of having one of our friends or family members do this instead of Tiara, lol.

#204 Sunandsand

Sunandsand
        • 126 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:26 PM

Hey ValleyR, are you flying to Punta Cana or La Romana? I'd love to know once and for all how long the drive is from Punta Cana airport.

Also ladies, I'm going to post some of the Seaside Grill photos Tiara sent me.

#205 Sunandsand

Sunandsand
          • 126 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:10 PM

I've posted the photos in this document because it wouldn't let me actually post them as pics, but if someone else knows how to do this, feel free to
            post them.

We should probably post whatever we all have so we have a central place for everything.

And fyi, I haven't heard about my deposit from Tiara either and it has been a week. (LOL)

Attached Files

#206 nicole8

nicole8
            • 83 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:25 PM

Ya amygirl thats what I meant but I am wondering if we can do it after the wedding? Does anyone know if this is possible? What documents do you have to show just to do a symbolic wedding?

#207 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
              • 2,424 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:18 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by nicole8
                Ya amygirl thats what I meant but I am wondering if we can do it after the wedding? Does anyone know if this is possible? What documents do you have to show just to do a symbolic wedding?
                We might be doing it after we get back as well and really dont think you have to show anything.

#208 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
                • 653 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:26 PM

Oops, sorry misunderstood. In that case, I'm pretty sure you don't need to show anything.

I think it doesn't really matter one way or another to the resort, as long as they're getting paid and you're not requesting a legal ceremony!

#209 nicole8

nicole8
                  • 83 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:12 PM

ya thats what we were thinking. it would save us a lot of hassle/money. We asked Tiara so hopefully we will get an answer soon.

#210 hjack

hjack
                    • 51 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:18 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Sunandsand
                      I've posted the photos in this document because it wouldn't let me actually post them as pics
                      I may just be a complete noob, but I am unable to open the attachment. I am getting a message that I do not have permission to view it. I then tried to save the link to open the document, and I was unsuccessful with this as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users