Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm super excited!!! Only nervous if it rains on my wedding day, if my centerpieces don't get there safely and about flying lol Hubby and I haatteee to fly :)

 

 

 

So I'm flying with Sunwing...I've travelled with this airline before,.. It's a pretty small plane. Does anyone know if they have a closet where to hang the wedding dress? I've read so many bad experiences in regard to the dress getting totally wrinkled so I'm a little worried about that..... Any suggestion from past/future brides??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Pink_Petals View Post

 

I'm super excited!!! Only nervous if it rains on my wedding day, if my centerpieces don't get there safely and about flying lol Hubby and I haatteee to fly :)

 

 

 

So I'm flying with Sunwing...I've travelled with this airline before,.. It's a pretty small plane. Does anyone know if they have a closet where to hang the wedding dress? I've read so many bad experiences in regard to the dress getting totally wrinkled so I'm a little worried about that..... Any suggestion from past/future brides??

 

 

Call Sunwing, I was thinking of that this weekend. My dress is mostly chiffon, and my friend is bringing her hand steamer.  

 

What did you do for your centerpieces? Did you ship fedex? Track it and then ask Tiara to open it asap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to know what you are putting in your bags.

 

Pink_Petals: My friend went down with her dress and had to put it in the overhead compartment.
 

Originally Posted by Kamala View Post

Oh dear, i seem to be more confused now LOL!  We have about 26-30 people coming so I am assuming we will still have to pay the 2600 for the meal at the SeaSide Grill, I am going to e-mail Tiara today again.  My plans are that we all meet after the ceremony, which is at 5, which I thought we would beable to just go to the Seaside Grill for cocktail, appetizers etc, followed by the meal, but will maybe have to look into the pier as well.  As for centerpices, and favors, placecards etc I have already started to make some of my things, I ordered alot of stuff from WeddingStar and also got alot of great ideas from looking at others pictures on www.myknotwedding.com  I am considering mailing out a box of decorations before the wedding.  My faince's cousin is planning on doing our pictures, hopefully this will not be a problem, as I heard the resort does not like to have other people taking picutres?  We are also having a spiritual wedding there only because of alot of information I have read and things which have happened in the past, loss of certificates and no verification to trace the wedding.  I had Tiara send me a copy of the spiritual ceremony and it is the same as the legal one, our guess will not know this.  Also saves lots of money!  I am making Welcome bags for all my guest, which includes a Thank-you letter for them and a bunch of goodies, let me know if you are interested in what I am putting in.  Is anyone having a dance on the SSG deck, are you bringing your own music?  Happy planning!  Kamala



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to know what you are putting in your bag :)

 

Pink_Petals: My friend got married in April and she had to put her dress in the overhead compartment.
 

Originally Posted by Kamala View Post

Oh dear, i seem to be more confused now LOL!  We have about 26-30 people coming so I am assuming we will still have to pay the 2600 for the meal at the SeaSide Grill, I am going to e-mail Tiara today again.  My plans are that we all meet after the ceremony, which is at 5, which I thought we would beable to just go to the Seaside Grill for cocktail, appetizers etc, followed by the meal, but will maybe have to look into the pier as well.  As for centerpices, and favors, placecards etc I have already started to make some of my things, I ordered alot of stuff from WeddingStar and also got alot of great ideas from looking at others pictures on www.myknotwedding.com  I am considering mailing out a box of decorations before the wedding.  My faince's cousin is planning on doing our pictures, hopefully this will not be a problem, as I heard the resort does not like to have other people taking picutres?  We are also having a spiritual wedding there only because of alot of information I have read and things which have happened in the past, loss of certificates and no verification to trace the wedding.  I had Tiara send me a copy of the spiritual ceremony and it is the same as the legal one, our guess will not know this.  Also saves lots of money!  I am making Welcome bags for all my guest, which includes a Thank-you letter for them and a bunch of goodies, let me know if you are interested in what I am putting in.  Is anyone having a dance on the SSG deck, are you bringing your own music?  Happy planning!  Kamala



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yanna gets the wedding dress and grooms suit collected the day before the wedding. I was a bit concerned letting anyone touch my dress, which was creased after carrying it in a suit carrier all the way. But it was steamed perfectly and left back in our room for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello to all you beautiful ladies!

 

I have been reading this thread for quite some time now and would like to thank everyone for their ideas, reviews, photos etc... you guys have been alot of help!

 

I am getting married on April 13 2011, my ceremony will take place at the gazebo at 4:00pm, I would really like to have the reception at SSG as it seems to be the most popular place on here, my only question/concern are the mosquitos! I have just returned from La Romana 2 weeks ago, we stayed couple of resorts down from Dreams and we got eaten alive, we have never seen so many mosquitos before. By the way, when we were down there we managed to get a meeting with Tiara, she is very lovely and she took the time to give us a whole tour of the resort ... it is beautiful!!!!

 

So my question to all the past brides is ... did you ladies have any problems with the mosquitos while having your dinner at SSG, do they have anything there to keep them away?

 

Thanks alot :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by lizzyjayne View Post

 

Yanna gets the wedding dress and grooms suit collected the day before the wedding. I was a bit concerned letting anyone touch my dress, which was creased after carrying it in a suit carrier all the way. But it was steamed perfectly and left back in our room for us.

 

So I shouldnt bother buying a hand held steamer? Yanna will do this for free?

I hope so....Ive been spending way too much $$$ on this wedding sad.gif

 

Thanks again Lesley

 

p.s. I leave in exactly one month from today... woohoooo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Quote:

Originally Posted by dcairns View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTaken View Post
Hey I'm planning a wedding at Dreams La Romana April 2011 Any advice, ideas, comments, photos etc. would be greatly appreciated!!!! xox
Hey there,

So am I! so far the date is the 11th, how about you?



Hey,

 

I'm sorry I just noticed this message, I haven't been on here in a while, our date is April 13 2011 at 4:00pm! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 

Originally Posted by MissTaken View Post

Hello to all you beautiful ladies!

 

I have been reading this thread for quite some time now and would like to thank everyone for their ideas, reviews, photos etc... you guys have been alot of help!

 

I am getting married on April 13 2011, my ceremony will take place at the gazebo at 4:00pm, I would really like to have the reception at SSG as it seems to be the most popular place on here, my only question/concern are the mosquitos! I have just returned from La Romana 2 weeks ago, we stayed couple of resorts down from Dreams and we got eaten alive, we have never seen so many mosquitos before. By the way, when we were down there we managed to get a meeting with Tiara, she is very lovely and she took the time to give us a whole tour of the resort ... it is beautiful!!!!

 

So my question to all the past brides is ... did you ladies have any problems with the mosquitos while having your dinner at SSG, do they have anything there to keep them away?

 

Thanks alot :) 



Hey there,

 

Apparently there the DR had an infestation of misquitoes because of a early rainy season. Luckily, our month (I'm getting married on April 11th:)) is the dry but windy time. The SSG has an outdoor and a indoor. The indoor is what costs an extra 1000+26%. So cool, I wish I would have been there to watch but we are leaving on the 13th!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Pink_Petals View Post

 

 

 

 

So I shouldnt bother buying a hand held steamer? Yanna will do this for free?

I hope so....Ive been spending way too much $$$ on this wedding sad.gif

 

Thanks again Lesley

 

p.s. I leave in exactly one month from today... woohoooo

 

 

 

one month.. wow... time flies. I can't wait to hear how this all turns out for you!  Another bride told me that they let them steam the dress and everything was fine. My MOH has one and is bringing it. Maybe someone you know does too and you can borrow it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
  • Topics

×