Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LCBride2007

BDW Biggest Loser: Season 6 ~ Official Thread ~ FINAL RESULTS POSTED!! (#869)

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyhazardous View Post
Yael I want to try Bikram too. But I've never done yoga at all. Should I start with a reg class?
I had never done yoga before either - the actual moves arent very difficult and there are people at all levels so I dont think you need to take a regular one first at all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK So losing weight is stressing me out.

My BM put me on this ridiculous diet last week. It consist of eating no whites (which are freaking everything on earth such as rice bread milk) 3days a week and eating all fruit and veggies before 12pm and like we can only drink all natural fruit juice or hot tea and 32 oz water per day. I know this doesn't sound that bad but omg doing it just really doesn't work for my lifestyle, to be honest I totally forgot I was on the darn diet....

 

My FI cracked me yesterday when i told him I was going to the gym (for the 1st time, had membership for almost 3 months i think) tomm for the intro class. He just looked at me and fell out laughing. So today when I called him to get the # to the gym so that I could call to sched my class (I called him while at my parents weekly bbq) he again cracked up laughin. That time I got really upset. He is really open ab the idea that he hates that I wanna lose weight bc he thinks I'm fine. But now he's laughing at me bc he thinks I'm lazy:-(

 

Then my mom who just bought her mother-of-the-bride-dress (and has recently loss over 20lbs) decides that in the middle of the cookout she wants to bring out the scale so that we could all weigh ourselves and play guess each other's weight. That had to be the most humiliating game I've ever played bc I weighed more than everyone else. Also my aunt who's going through a terrible divorce lost a tremendous amt of weight in the past couple months so it was bad for her eventhough her weight had went down, we all knew why so it was like the elephant in the room thing.

 

Sorry for being so long winded... But I really needed to vent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm w/ Erika I would DIE!

 

I know dieting doesn't always fit into our lifestyle, but when you find something that works that you like its all about changing our lifestyles to better ourselves.

 

On a side note I'm very excited you wanted to go to the gym!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika J View Post
OMG, I would DIE if all my family was guessing my weight!!!!!! DIE!!!!

I feel so bad for you!
Ditto on this. That is wrong in so many ways. Its about how YOU feel about yourself who cares what others thing. Do this for YOU :) Chin up!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just thought i'd pop in and see how everyone's doing so far and whereabouts in the contest you'd gotten to ... i'd like to be back in on this for season 7! now that the pre-wedding stress is gone i'm afraid my super-anxiety-metabolism will be gone too (i was strangely blessed in the month before the wedding ... i ate everything in sight--including fast food every day--never went to the gym AT ALL, and still LOST a few more pounds)!

 

DH lost 15 lbs right before the wedding by just giving up processed whites (sugar and white flour). his suit was too big on wedding day. and he's already back into doing it again, so i need to start on something again soon or i'll gain back all the weight i lost!

 

i participated in BLs 3, 4, and 5. my goal was never outrageous ... i just wanted to weigh about the same as i did when DH and i started dating 4 years earlier, by the time the wedding came around, and i achieved exactly that! i credit 90% of that to the support of this forum, and having to stay accountable to someone by sending my weight every week. the other 10% was anxiety, lol.

 

so when does this round end and the next round begin? i'm hoping not until after i get home from our honeymoon in ireland! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyhazardous View Post
OK So losing weight is stressing me out.
My BM put me on this ridiculous diet last week. It consist of eating no whites (which are freaking everything on earth such as rice bread milk) 3days a week and eating all fruit and veggies before 12pm and like we can only drink all natural fruit juice or hot tea and 32 oz water per day. I know this doesn't sound that bad but omg doing it just really doesn't work for my lifestyle, to be honest I totally forgot I was on the darn diet....

My FI cracked me yesterday when i told him I was going to the gym (for the 1st time, had membership for almost 3 months i think) tomm for the intro class. He just looked at me and fell out laughing. So today when I called him to get the # to the gym so that I could call to sched my class (I called him while at my parents weekly bbq) he again cracked up laughin. That time I got really upset. He is really open ab the idea that he hates that I wanna lose weight bc he thinks I'm fine. But now he's laughing at me bc he thinks I'm lazy:-(

Then my mom who just bought her mother-of-the-bride-dress (and has recently loss over 20lbs) decides that in the middle of the cookout she wants to bring out the scale so that we could all weigh ourselves and play guess each other's weight. That had to be the most humiliating game I've ever played bc I weighed more than everyone else. Also my aunt who's going through a terrible divorce lost a tremendous amt of weight in the past couple months so it was bad for her eventhough her weight had went down, we all knew why so it was like the elephant in the room thing.

Sorry for being so long winded... But I really needed to vent.
OMG, that's AWFUL!! I wouldn't have played, lol!! I don't even like getting on the scale when I'm the only one in the room, never mind in a group of people!!

How was the gym?? Now that I've gotten into a routine, I actually look forward to my workout most days. I was kind of bummed I didn't make it to the gym tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
just thought i'd pop in and see how everyone's doing so far and whereabouts in the contest you'd gotten to ... i'd like to be back in on this for season 7! now that the pre-wedding stress is gone i'm afraid my super-anxiety-metabolism will be gone too (i was strangely blessed in the month before the wedding ... i ate everything in sight--including fast food every day--never went to the gym AT ALL, and still LOST a few more pounds)!

DH lost 15 lbs right before the wedding by just giving up processed whites (sugar and white flour). his suit was too big on wedding day. and he's already back into doing it again, so i need to start on something again soon or i'll gain back all the weight i lost!

i participated in BLs 3, 4, and 5. my goal was never outrageous ... i just wanted to weigh about the same as i did when DH and i started dating 4 years earlier, by the time the wedding came around, and i achieved exactly that! i credit 90% of that to the support of this forum, and having to stay accountable to someone by sending my weight every week. the other 10% was anxiety, lol.

so when does this round end and the next round begin? i'm hoping not until after i get home from our honeymoon in ireland! :)
congratulations on your weight loss! This season ends mid July, not sure on the exact date.

Ireland... that's going to be fun!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~~WEEKLY RESULTS~~
Congratulations to ....

smile29.gif
flygirl (Trish) -3.208% !!!
smile29.gif

Sarah -2.510%
STACEY -2.083%
lauren -1.727%
KLC77 (Kelly) -1.130%
Adlergray (Jill) -0.822%
OROBride1008 (Maria) -0.808%
Prettyhazardous (Ashley) -0.806%
Erika J -0.782%
tdmitchell (Tiffany) -0.571%
Scubadiva (Holly) -0.562%
estella1007 (Christina) -0.513%
pvbeachbride10 (Meghan) -0.297%
SgtPepperette (Melissa) -0.296%
Hunnyhun921 (Khajeesah) -0.284%
Sarah (Jeff, Sarah's DH) -0.182%
deefalvey (Deanna) 0.000%
Sapphire723 (LeAnne) 0.000%
starchild (Jamy) 0.000%
AnnR 0.373%
TA Jill 0.558%
LIW (Emily) 0.952%

Adlergray (Tim, Jill's FI) <didn't receive anything>
BeachBride10 (Ruthie) <didn't receive anything>
Jacilynda (Jacilyn) <didn't receive anything>
jamaicabride09 (Alicia) <didn't receive anything>
jpitts78 (Joanne) <didn't receive anything>
jrprice24 (Jessica) <didn't receive anything>
lgarner83 (Lisa) <didn't receive anything>
MarieSam <didn't receive anything>
Raeka (Mel) <didn't receive anything>
starchild (Will, Jamy's DH) <didn't receive anything>
Vikki <didn't receive anything>

budgetjamaicabride (Beverly) <didn't receive anything - 2nd Week - DQ>
Lisa (Sarah's friend) <didn't receive anything - 2nd Week - DQ>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×