Photo

BDW Biggest Loser: Season 6 ~ Official Thread ~ FINAL RESULTS POSTED!! (#869)

• Please log in to reply
972 replies to this topic

#321 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
  • 712 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 03:46 PM

Please don't think I'm an idiot but has anyone ever tried one of those weight loss pills such as Acai Burn?

#322 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
    • 2,777 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:14 PM

Ashley of course we don't think your an "idiot"! I haven't tried any weight loss pills. I've never really believed them. I have a friend who is a fitness model and hydroxycut had pics take of her a couple days after she gave birth to her son. So she definitely was tip top shape! A little squishy rounder face and bigger arms. Then of course, since she's a fitness model she got her AMAZING body back and hydroxycut took photos of her again and used them for one of their ads. She didn't even use the pill and was paid ALOT of money to do it so she did it. Since then whenever i think of weight loss pills i think of her.

although I have used slim quicks 7 day cleanse and I really like it. I lost almost 7lbs and felt really good.

#323 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:21 PM

Hey girls. Since i finally had some free time to enjoy myself I didnt do very good. I drank and ate. dh and i officially start our diet today so hopefully i wont gain this weds. But if i do dont worry i'm going to start working out this week too so next week's weigh in should be a good one!

Jacilynda the cleanse you mentioned sounds interesting. I was thinking of doing some kind of cleanse to get my metabolism going. I'll have to check that one out.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#324 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
        • 712 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:04 PM

I talked to my FI ab it and he's like umm no just work out... So I guess that's what I'll be doing, but I'm soo not feeling this.

#325 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
          • 2,777 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:17 AM

definitely try doing a cleanse. There are SO many different types. I do the slimquick cause its convenient and I don't have to eat specific stuff and certain times, etc. But a detox cleanse will really help you get started, and really makes you feel SO good.

#326 KLC77

KLC77
            • 2,207 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:27 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jacilynda
              So I am hoping I come out with a loss this week. I woke up this morning so sick. If I'm not bending over the toilet I'm actually sitting on it. I keep telling myself it's ok cause I'll probably lose some weight. Now cattie and I are laying down for a nap. I wish I could lose weight by working out and not over the toilet all day!
              Oh no, hope you're feeling better!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Prettyhazardous
              I talked to my FI ab it and he's like umm no just work out... So I guess that's what I'll be doing, but I'm soo not feeling this.
              I have to agree with your FI. I know working out stinks, especially when you first start, but if you can get yourself into a routine eventually you will feel so good about yourself after a workout! You'll have more energy too. The thing about alot of those weight loss pills is that they speed up your body's systems (heart rate, nervous system etc) which can not only make you jittery, but isn't good for you at all. I'm sure there are some that don't do this, but many do. I agree with Jacilynda, research a healthy cleanse to get you jump started.

On a side note, whenever I think of a cleanse it always reminds me of the episode of the Cosby show when Cliff had to eat only oranges for like 3 days before some doctor appt to cleanse his system. He hated it and tried to sneak other food, but Claire kept catching him! lol Idk why I always think of that...
              ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#327 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:11 PM

Eek, I hope you're feeling better! Was it something you ate, or a bug you picked up? Ugh, I hate being sick!

Oh, and I am officially addicted to the Wii Fit!

#328 Goldstein to Be

Goldstein to Be
                • 160 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:11 PM

I had been working out before we started and had been stuck at the same weight for three weeks despite increasing my cardio and the number of workouts. I've been working out five or six days a week. This week I started doing two workouts a day - yesterday was spin and yoga today was a 3.5 mile run and 30 minutes of elliptical tonight. Hopefully, I can lose a few pounds now because my bach. party is this weekend so you know I'll be eating and drinking (a lot). :)

#329 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                  • 2,777 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:12 PM

I think a bug! Cause its the same thing Cattie had, and FMIL kept Cattie last night so I could get a good nights sleep and dropped her off this morning and now she is really sick!

I'm feeling WAY better today. I think its like a 24 hr thing.

Wii Fit is sooo addicting!!! We really like it cause we're always trying to beat each others scores so you just work out harder! We bought it when it first came out and Caterina was only a couple weeks old. There is a walking thing that you can unlock. You just step up on the board and off but it clicks on the remote when you are supposed to step and you can set it for like 20 minutes or more if you want. I would put Caterina in her sling and turn that on and then you can change the channel and watch tv and just step when it clicks. I'd set it for 20/30 minutes and start it and it would rock cattie to sleep while I got a small work out!

Oooo and Jillian Michaels has a work out game to go along w/ the Wii board. I haven't bought it yet, but I really want it!

#330 pvbeachbride10

pvbeachbride10
                    • 202 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:02 PM

I am glad you're feeling better. Sorry to hear Cattie is sick again.

I love Jillian! Hmmm, you guys are making me think I NEED a wii fit. I love our wii, but have never tried wii fit. I need to get my butt in gear and get back to the gym.

If I can get 3-4 days in a week for 2 weeks, it becomes so normal and it's not a chore anymore. The second I miss a few days, it's like ugh, I don't want to. It's hard to get back into it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users