Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
*Nadine*

December 2009 Brides!

Recommended Posts

Hi angruck, we are going through the same thing, our wedding is on the 16th and even though we gave people enough notice (informal STD last December and actual STD in Feb) we still heard some complaints. And I agree with you, some people will complain no matter what the circumstance is... and what FI and I have learned so far is that people who really want to be there to celebrate with us will find a way to make it there. And those are who we would want to be part of our special day anyway, not those who always find something to complain about. Hang in there!!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well ladies, I think I trump everyone. We are LEAVING on christmas day. So not only are we taking our guests away from their family on christmas but the prices are also the highest that week for the entire year. We chose that week b/c we have friends and relatives who are in school or are teachers so they cant just take time off whenever they want. And also b/c lots of people have that week off already so they wouldnt need to use vacation time. I think saving vacation time makes up for the high price our guests are paying. And to be honest we didnt have anyone complain! WE were shocked. They were all excited about spending christmas and new years in mexico. Adn those that decided they arent coming b/c its christmas are very few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

btw jillian I love your invites for your AHR!

 

Welcome Julie!

 

And lets see your dress Angruck!!

 

have you girls all figured out your bmaid gifts yet??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnvb9 View Post
btw jillian I love your invites for your AHR!

Welcome Julie!

And lets see your dress Angruck!!

have you girls all figured out your bmaid gifts yet??
I think I'm doing spa wraps from etsy
Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to do those too Jillian. I even was in contact wtih the lady and she was super sweet! But then I went with Smartypants instead b/c I ended up liking their ribbon and font/thread choices. They were only $21 each!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great thread girls! I am date twins with Julie but getting married at Dreams Puerto Vallarta. Hopefully this thread will kick me in the buns to get moving. LOL.

 

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Deposit for wedding & ceremony at Dreams PV

2. Booked mine and FI's flights and hotel

3. Asked my 2 brothers to be my Honor Attendants

4. Asked FI's brother to be best man

5. Found a TA

6. Sent postcard Save the Dates in April

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t41121

7. Booked engagement pics in Sedona in 2 weeks

8. Booked BD shot in Aug.

9. Created wedsite with ewedding and kept it up to date

10. Designed passport invites with boarding pass RSVPs and made samples

11. Need to order supplies for invites

12. Mom comes on June 10 to help make invites

13. Still working on AHR in Texas, but has to be booked by June 10

14. Struggling with finding a photographer in Puerto Vallarta

15. Sent WC at Dreams: dinner choices, cake, flowers, DJ, & cocktail music info

16. I have my dress, veil, slip and tiara has been ordered from etsy and should be here today or tomorrow

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t41617

17. Have reception flip flops, but still need heels for ceremony. I want these orange Jimmy Choos but can't bring myself to buy them

18. Compiled list for OOT bags

19. Purchased pashminas for OOT bags through the order that Jacilynda put together. They shoulde be here next week

20. Working this weekend on un-bridesmaid letter and gift. I wanted those Live, Love, Laugh bracelets but can't find a good deal on them

21. Working this weekend on engagement pic outfits.

22. Working this weekend on suit, shirt, and flip flops for FI

23. Working this weekend on shirt and flip flops for the brothers

24. Going to buy guest book hopefully at half price books 20% off everything sale

25. Last on the list for this weekend is to work out and not be a slacker

 

 

Now that I typed all this out, I feel a little better but still way behind most of the amazingly put together brides on this forum. Looking forward to hearing how everyone else is coming along! popcorn.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by autjo View Post
Great thread girls! I am date twins with Julie but getting married at Dreams Puerto Vallarta. Hopefully this thread will kick me in the buns to get moving. LOL.

Here's what I've done so far:
1. Deposit for wedding & ceremony at Dreams PV
2. Booked mine and FI's flights and hotel
3. Asked my 2 brothers to be my Honor Attendants
4. Asked FI's brother to be best man
5. Found a TA
6. Sent postcard Save the Dates in April
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t41121
7. Booked engagement pics in Sedona in 2 weeks
8. Booked BD shot in Aug.
9. Created wedsite with ewedding and kept it up to date
10. Designed passport invites with boarding pass RSVPs and made samples
11. Need to order supplies for invites
12. Mom comes on June 10 to help make invites
13. Still working on AHR in Texas, but has to be booked by June 10
14. Struggling with finding a photographer in Puerto Vallarta
15. Sent WC at Dreams: dinner choices, cake, flowers, DJ, & cocktail music info
16. I have my dress, veil, slip and tiara has been ordered from etsy and should be here today or tomorrow
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t41617
17. Have reception flip flops, but still need heels for ceremony. I want these orange Jimmy Choos but can't bring myself to buy them
18. Compiled list for OOT bags
19. Purchased pashminas for OOT bags through the order that Jacilynda put together. They shoulde be here next week
20. Working this weekend on un-bridesmaid letter and gift. I wanted those Live, Love, Laugh bracelets but can't find a good deal on them
21. Working this weekend on engagement pic outfits.
22. Working this weekend on suit, shirt, and flip flops for FI
23. Working this weekend on shirt and flip flops for the brothers
24. Going to buy guest book hopefully at half price books 20% off everything sale
25. Last on the list for this weekend is to work out and not be a slacker


Now that I typed all this out, I feel a little better but still way behind most of the amazingly put together brides on this forum. Looking forward to hearing how everyone else is coming along! popcorn.gif

wow you have done a lot!!! Congrats!!! Where did you get the pashmina's? I live in NJ so I was debating just getting them in China town...but still thinking about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnvb9 View Post
well ladies, I think I trump everyone. We are LEAVING on christmas day. So not only are we taking our guests away from their family on christmas but the prices are also the highest that week for the entire year. We chose that week b/c we have friends and relatives who are in school or are teachers so they cant just take time off whenever they want. And also b/c lots of people have that week off already so they wouldnt need to use vacation time. I think saving vacation time makes up for the high price our guests are paying. And to be honest we didnt have anyone complain! WE were shocked. They were all excited about spending christmas and new years in mexico. Adn those that decided they arent coming b/c its christmas are very few.
It seems to have worked out well for you! I have given up caring at this point. My mom keeps bringing it up but I have decided to just ignore her :) I am not going to change what I wanted to please other people, its not all about them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnvb9 View Post
btw jillian I love your invites for your AHR!

Welcome Julie!

And lets see your dress Angruck!!

have you girls all figured out your bmaid gifts yet??


Okay ladies here is my dress :) It is pronovias---Rene...i LOVED it.

 

 

dress.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • OMG these are incredible! Seriously blown away by the thoughtful detail you have put into every aspect of your gifts, your guests are going to be amazed! Props to you for adding so many personal touches and putting in so much time to make these gifts amazing!
    • These bags are amazing!! You are so organized and detailed, I am so impressed! I LOVE the Vistaprint stuff you ordered, the logo is so cute, I love your personalization!
    • I love etsy!! It's a great place to find personalized gifts without such a hefty price tag. I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids personalized necklaces with their names on them. I found these ones that are affordable and you can pick the chain length and different fonts, so you can really make them your own and pick what you know each bridesmaid will want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/595334072/personalized-name-necklace-stainless?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=personalized necklace&ref=sc_gallery-3-9&plkey=a8662525c53ec285c1b46b0f308162d0591edff8:595334072
    • Hi everyone, I am so happy that I am getting married to the love of my life. He proposed me and we are getting married within in a couple of months. And I have started preparations for my big day. I am super excited about a lot of things and also worried about many things.I have some inhibitions about my face and skin. Since I am a working woman, I have never got much time for personal care. This is the right time for it now. I need  proper medical grade skin care. Want to improve my skin tone and texture  I read some details about it here, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/nonsurgical-procedures/non-surgical/skin-care/, and found it really helpful. Can anyone of you suggest me some more tips? Like what I can do at home to have a glow on my face?  Thanks in advance.
    • I think you should approach the dentist. That would be the best idea as of now. 
  • Topics

×