Photo

Ok so I'm kinda frustrated/confused

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 msmoodyr

msmoodyr
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:32 PM

Soooooooo .. the date is Jan 2010 but .. of course Jan rates haven't been released yet by the hotel .....

Do I send out a STD now ..and then the invite when the rates are up in June/July ....

is that too early for an invite or not early enough .......for a Jan wedding?

#2 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:36 PM

Do you have a location picked out yet? I would send out STDs out now to at least give your guests 10 months notice so they can save money to go or plan their vacation time. than in June/July when rates come out you can either send invites or just a newsletter with the rates.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 msmoodyr

msmoodyr
      • 329 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:16 PM

yes, I have the when/where .. that is a good idea .. more info to come

#4 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
        • 3,347 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:36 PM

My wedding is June 2010 and we sent our STD's a couple weeks ago. You are correct that some prices are not out yet but at least your guests can start saving and giving them an early heads up as soon as possible in this economy is really the best thing to do. You can always do what my TA did, she provided us rates for June of this year (or in your case you could try December to get a rough estimate) and use that just to give your guests an idea of the cost. I am surprised you can't get rates for January yet, when I was looking online last week I saw airfare for January.
          ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#5 msmoodyr

msmoodyr
          • 329 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:49 PM

airfare is out but the hotels in Jamaica aren't up yet .. I'm going to a travel agency this evening ..hopefully they will have some info for me

#6 britsytoll

britsytoll
            • 129 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:19 PM

I agree...the more notice your guests have the more likely they will attend. One of my family members (who plans a LOT of trips with groups) say it is NEVER too early to give people info...even if it changes! I took that advice and sent my out a month ago for January 2010 wedding.
              http://tickers.Ticke....1f53/event.png

Bride & Groom + 41 Guests BOOKED~

#7 Jen_S

Jen_S
              • 3,737 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:27 PM

We sent out our STD as soon as we picked a place which was before the rates were released. Then we sent our invites about 3 months prior to the wedding.
                Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#8 merocket59

merocket59
                • 937 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:57 PM

Send out STDs now, then a newletter when the rates are out and you have more details, then the invitation as a little reminder.

#9 silverangel

silverangel
                  • 216 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:07 PM

I have the same dilemma...I'm planning for Jan 2010 as well but don't have any package prices yet...I guess sending a STD now is not a bad idea and then an updated letter after when the prices are finally out...

#10 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
                    • 4,512 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:38 AM

I'm confused too!!! I booked my wedding for this Nov in Oct 2008. I was able to get the rates through my TA no problem and she said she even had the rates for 2010!!! Keep in mind that I have NEVER travelled anywhere so I don't really know how this whole thing works....lol.

I agree with everyone else though. If you at least get something out to everyone, they know well enough in advance to start saving up.
                      *Formerly Nikki07*
                      My Planning Thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users