Ipod instead of DJ @ Riu Palace

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Natashak

Natashak
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:11 PM

Hello,

I was thinking of using my Ipod instead of hiring a DJ for our reception. For those of you who have done this how was it?

#2 sjfreimark

sjfreimark
    • 81 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:39 PM

Hi there! Honestly, I really think an Ipod is the way to go. You have total control over the music. The party is how you make it. Just make different playlists for the dinner, dancing, etc. It will be perfect and you will be saving money :)

#3 jenM

jenM
      • 13 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:14 AM

do you have to bring or rent the speakers? or do they have some?

#4 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,513 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:36 PM

We were married at the Moon Palace, Cancun and used our iPod - it worked out perfectly we used the sound equipment there, and I had all my songs in order on my playlist - I would contact your WC and let her know this is what you are planning and she will be able to let you know the prices, etc.

#5 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
          • 516 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:59 PM

I am planning to use our ipod and their speakers and equip. But I am realizing it is probably also helpful to assign a good friend at the party to be an MC for some parts.

#6 KLC77

KLC77
            • 2,207 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:01 AM

I used an ipod for my wedding, but we brought down our Bose docking station to use. It was plenty loud enough. It was great to be able to have total control over the playlist. It worked perfectly and the best part is that it was FREE. :)
              ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#7 Ziggymo

Ziggymo
              • 13 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:44 PM

Hi,

We had our reception on the San Jose Terrace. Riu provided the speakers and we had our iPod. A close friend served as emcee. It was great. I am not a big fan of DJs and we had fun creating our playlists. The speakers were of good quality and it was easy to set up. Though, we did bring our own adaptor for the iPod. Hope this helps.
                Ziggymo

#8 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:04 PM

We did this for our reception, but I also made back-up CD's of all my wedding music playlists b/c we couldn't get a clear answer on which types of cable connectors we needed to bring. We ended up using the CD's ... but it was great b/c I labeled each one (processional / cocktail hour / dinner / first dance / cake cutting / dance music/ etc) and it was an easy transition for each. I, too, think that's the way to go - and it was WAY cheaper. I do recommend a CD back-up - JUST to be on the safe side!!!

#9 DTHSLove

DTHSLove
                  • 347 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:31 PM

I'm planning to purchase a bose speaker and use our computer make it easier I don't have a ipod.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users