Photo

I'm scared my cat is really sick!! **Update-finally good news**

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 IslamoradaBride

IslamoradaBride
  • 459 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:47 PM

Oh no! Definitely take him to the vet-- maybe look for a new one that will work with you on payments?

#22 CaboBride2010

CaboBride2010
    • Banned
    • 248 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:53 PM

I am trying to find another vet but what is the SPCA? oh I wish my little guy wasnt going through this I feel so bad for him he is finally sleeping right now so that gives me a bit of time to get a vet who can help

#23 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
      • VIP Member
      • 3,160 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:32 PM

oh i didnt realize you were from canada, sorry. the spca is society for prevention of the cruelty to animals, but they also give shots, neuter, find homes for homeless pets, etc etc etc they are really reasonable. SPCA International - Home

i wonder if canada has something similar, im sure they do. im gonna google it!

#24 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
        • VIP Member
        • 3,160 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:33 PM

oh look- BCSPCA-Home Page BC Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, Canada

SPCA in Canada

#25 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
          • VIP Member
          • 3,160 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:40 PM

i keep thinking of a neurological issue but im not a vet so dont take my word for it. i used to work at a pet store and with a humane society so id hear diff things but i really hope they find out whats the matter.

#26 CaboBride2010

CaboBride2010
            • Banned
            • 248 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:46 PM

thanks for the SPCA info! it is not too far from where I live but they only do spays and neuters it says on the site I am hoping a vet can figure out what is going on though,like just my regular vet i mean

#27 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:49 PM

oh no ill change the title back

#28 CaboBride2010

CaboBride2010
              • Banned
              • 248 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:55 PM

thanks Abbie...ya this is such an emotional roller coaster he seems to snap in an out of it so we arent sure what to do...my fiance thinks we will get there and be told nothing is wrong but still have to pay all the test costs.....so torn right now...the last hour or so he has been normal again

#29 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                • VIP Member
                • 3,160 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:14 PM

i'd try calling the spca near you, and see if they have a vet that comes in, or they can possibly recommend a place to you. tell them your situation about the funds, they will be more than happy to help. i dont think our website has all their info either, but on certain days though they gives shots and have a vet there. keep track of whats going on too, its good to keep a record just in casey!!

good luck and keep me posted on the lil baby. do you have any pix? k

#30 CaboBride2010

CaboBride2010
                  • Banned
                  • 248 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:57 PM

ok ok so i FINALLY have a great update :)...my vet told us that it sounded like our kitten had something that wasnt serious and to try use the eye drops we had from our other cat who had eye problems...it has now worked and he is all better the vet said just keep up with the eye drops and he should get all better :) :) apparently the twitching was a pain reaction to his eye having an infection and so his eye started fogging over last night but now it is all cleared up and the twitching has stopped :)
                    yay!! thank you for keeping me sane and helping me with this ladies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users