Photo

Sun spots

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 meghanmbm

meghanmbm
  • 203 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:53 AM

i have recently noticed that when I am out in the sun I develop sun spots, they are so gross!!! I normally tan and get a few more freckles, but this is larger than a freckle and it isnt as dark. I wear uv 15+ daily, but I am hoping someone has another tip.
    Live every day like the next will never come.

#2 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
    • 1,681 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:30 PM

I sometimes get a few in the summer, but they don't bother me. I would ask your dermatologist if there is a cream or something you can rub on. I am sure there is something. Good luck!

#3 saraece

saraece
      • 289 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:33 PM

I have a large sun spot under my nose above my lip, so basically it looks like a mustache. lol I keep saying I am going to tour high schools to tell girls to wear their sunscreen. I never wore it and now look... I have tried a few bleaching or chemical roll ons to diffuse it but have had no luck. When I was pregnant it got darker, so I am looking for solutions too.
        Like our first kiss all over again

#4 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
        • 391 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:42 PM

I had tons of brown spots.. the sun and tanning beds destoyed my skin !!!
          I went to a medical spa and had them removed with a treatment called IPL.
          IT GOT RID OF ALL OF THEM!! I had to go for six treatments.. So woth it..No more tanning beds for me.

#5 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
          • 5,649 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:53 PM

I have a big sun-spot on the side of my face...I hate it and I don't know how I got it since I rarely ever tan unless I have a good reason to (like my wedding). I'm seeing my doc today so I might ask him if there's anything I can do about it.

#6 Ayita

Ayita
            • 861 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:51 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by meghanmbm
              i have recently noticed that when I am out in the sun I develop sun spots, they are so gross!!! I normally tan and get a few more freckles, but this is larger than a freckle and it isnt as dark. I wear uv 15+ daily, but I am hoping someone has another tip.
              15+ is not enough ! It's OK daily I guess, but not when you are planning to spend time out : more than an hour (sitting at a terrace, going to the park, work out, etc), you should wear 30+. At least.

To get rid of your ugly spots, if the whitening pencils don't work, use laser. I did laser on mine (at the palce where they took off my hair...) and it completely disappeared in 2 sessions. :) so glad.

#7 Jen_S

Jen_S
              • 3,737 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:49 PM

I started to get them last year so I got rid of mine with vibradermabrason.
                Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users