Photo

Maggie Sottero "Reese"

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 big3n09

big3n09
  • 616 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:08 PM

I just realized I posted #2 in this thread and siad I was going to try this dress on 6 months ago. Now I'm down to the wire and I have tried on at least 30 dresses and even bought one from ROB. I am going to try on Reese tomorrow and I have a feeling it is going to be the one or I'm hoping it was a "save the best for last" thing because I am so tired of looking. I wanted a nice dress of course but just something that wasn't too big, bulky, or hot. I didn't feel like the dress was top priority for me so I guess that's why I have just been weighing my options down to the last minute. I also haven't tried on any dress that made me feel any real emotion so I am hoping this Reese that I put on the back burner is the one, wish me luck! BTW did anyone order the ivory and how did it look, I want to wear aqua shoes. I didn't want to wear white but I'm thinking white looks better in this dress and I am willing to wear white. I will post pics asap!
    4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#32 Shocka

Shocka
    • 12 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:56 PM

Hey ladies! I can't figure out how to post pictures on here, but i got married about a month ago and my dress was the Reese. I definately knew when i tried it on that it was the one, after a while i worried that I wouldn't feel like much of a bride because i didn't have the typical princess dress. But I was wrong, I couldn't have made a better choice. I'm 5'10 without heels on so i didn't have to hem the dress, but it was a little long while i was walking in the sand without heels. But when i did have the heels on it was perfect. I did have it bustled and they placed "hooks" at three different places in my dress and it looked great. I did lose a bit more weight after that it was big in the chest area. Luckily one of my bridemaids brought some fill ins so that helped a little bit. Feel free to email me and i can send you some pics. jessicabitar@gmail.com

#33 big3n09

big3n09
      • 616 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:36 PM

So I finally tried on Reese but still not sure if it's the one. The picture is in the thread below.

http://bestdestinati....ll-pics-50299/
        4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#34 DEH83

DEH83
        • 88 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:43 PM

I fell in love with Reese the first time I saw it in a magazine. I wanted to try it on, but the salons I went to didn't have it. But in Maggie's new line this year, they had the "new" version of Reese. It's called Caprice, and I loved it the moment I tried it on! I ordered it and should get in January. I'm so happy with my choice.

Caprice - by Maggie Sottero

The picture doesn't do it justice because of the way the model is standing. It flows in a slim a-line shape beautifully.

And for the short ladies, the Caprice may work better because the front does not have the samke detailing that the Reese has that might cut you off. I'm 5"4 and I think it suits my height quite well.
          April 21st, 2010

#35 FutureMrsRell

FutureMrsRell
          • 82 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:28 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by DEH83
            I fell in love with Reese the first time I saw it in a magazine. I wanted to try it on, but the salons I went to didn't have it. But in Maggie's new line this year, they had the "new" version of Reese. It's called Caprice, and I loved it the moment I tried it on! I ordered it and should get in January. I'm so happy with my choice.

Caprice - by Maggie Sottero

The picture doesn't do it justice because of the way the model is standing. It flows in a slim a-line shape beautifully.

And for the short ladies, the Caprice may work better because the front does not have the samke detailing that the Reese has that might cut you off. I'm 5"4 and I think it suits my height quite well.

I fell in LOVE with the Caprice the first time I saw it. I am waiting for it to come in so I can try it on. I'm scared it's not going to look right on me because I love it so much! Do you have any pics in it?

#36 stevensFiance

stevensFiance
            • 164 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:14 PM

I just bought the Reese yesterday! So in love! I wont get to see it again till it comes in, in April. Im going with turquise shoes. My Bridesmaids are wearing turquise and coco dresses. Love the dress.
              He asked, I said YES!!! 1 <3 21 <3 04 - 5 <3 13 <3 08

#37 FutureMsMoulton

FutureMsMoulton
              • 762 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:20 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by egsarah
                Okay I know a lot of you have been waiting so here they are...PICS!! Please excuse the hair and goofy face.

I'm going to have it hemmed and taken in at the bust (I am NOT well endowed). Otherwise it fits pretty perfectly!!

Front

Click the image to open in full size.

Back

You look amazing in the dress!! Very pretty back to it!

#38 egsarah

egsarah
                • 355 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:36 PM

Aw thanks! I'm going in for alterations in two weeks! SO excited! :)

#39 poohshek

poohshek
                  • 1,456 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:40 AM

You look FABULOUS in the "Reese"!!! Great choice!!!

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by egsarah
                    Okay I know a lot of you have been waiting so here they are...PICS!! Please excuse the hair and goofy face.

I'm going to have it hemmed and taken in at the bust (I am NOT well endowed). Otherwise it fits pretty perfectly!!

Front

Back

#40 DEH83

DEH83
                    • 88 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:25 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by FutureMrsRell
                      I fell in LOVE with the Caprice the first time I saw it. I am waiting for it to come in so I can try it on. I'm scared it's not going to look right on me because I love it so much! Do you have any pics in it?
                      Unfortunately, I don't hve any pictures in the dress. My mom took photos on her phone, but she deleted them somehow...I think the Caprice is easier for most people to pull off than the Reese, because the detailing isn't quite the same in the front. But of course, I'm partial!!
                      April 21st, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users