Maggie Sottero "Reese"

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 H&F

H&F
  • 361 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:38 PM

Hi Ladies,

I recently bought my "Reese" Maggie Sottero dresss and am so excited about it! I saw on one of the other threads that there were several other BDW brides who have picked this dress as well.

Since the back of this dress is so unique I was wondering how you are planning on wearing your hair. I had originally wanted to wear my hair down but it seems like I'd be missing out on so much of the dress if I did that. Now I'm thinking of wearing it loosely up or to the side. I'm seriously in need of inspiration!

So other "Reese" brides... do you mind sharing how you were thinking of wearing your hair?

Thanks so much!

#2 big3n09

big3n09
    • 616 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:43 PM

Good question, I'm planning to go and try this dress on. I am thinking about getting my hair cut and it will be shorter in the back and wouldn't take away from the dress. If your hair is long I would wear it up. If you have the dress try it with a few different looks. If you still have fittings to do wear your hair to the fittings the way you may want to wear it so you can get an idea that way.
      4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#3 CaboBride2010

CaboBride2010
      • Banned
      • 248 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:51 PM

i have never tried on this dress but if you look at the picture of it on Maggie Sotteros site I think the models hair looks amazing!

#4 Shocka

Shocka
        • 12 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:07 PM

I bought the Reese dress as well, and was also planning on wearing my hair down before i picked out this dress. I LOVE the models hair on the maggie sottero site, but i'm not sure if i have enough hair (or how it looks from the front) or if the resort hair stylist can accomplish this look. All in all I'll be wearing my hair up.

#5 lil_miss_frogg

lil_miss_frogg
          • 826 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:24 PM

I think the frontal view of the hair on the Maggie site is a different style then that of the back view of the dress. I like the way the back view model is wearing it!
            http://i44.tinypic.com/aemd8w.jpg
            My Babies
            "Love isn't about finding a perfect person,
            it's seeing an imperfect person perfectly!"
            http://tickers.Ticke....00ff/event.pnghttp://tickers.Ticke....JZW/weight.png

#6 Ayita

Ayita
            • 861 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:57 PM

I don't have the Reese but I also have a dress "with a back" :

Click the image to open in full size.

I'm planning on wearing a low-do. I will have a single-layer veil for the ceremony, thenafter just flowers.

My hair inspirations (yet to narrow down lol) :

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size. (thanks Morgan for this one)

#7 H&F

H&F
              • 361 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:44 AM

Thanks Ayita! I also love the pic of Michelle Williams and had been considering that look for my dress. My hair is super long (halfway down my back) and if I have to wear it up I want it to be loose and not too structured. I was also playing with the idea of a side pony tail. Love the ideas!

#8 Izzybel

Izzybel
                • 4 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:46 AM

Dear all brides to be... Maggie Sottero Reese dress is really my dream wedding gown, but it's too expensive for me. My wedding is not until Dec. 2010, I wonder if any one of you would like to sell me your Reese after your wedding. I think this is a win win situation.

#9 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
                  • 475 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:34 AM

just want to say to you "reese" maggie sottero brides.... THAT DRESS IS BEAUTIFUL!!! you ladies are going to look amazing in photos.. and i think hair wise an updo is better only because you dont want to constrict the beautiful work on the dress!

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
                    All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

http://tickers.Ticke....7116/event.png

#10 egsarah

egsarah
                    • 355 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:24 PM

OMG how fun! This is my dress too!! I LOOOOOOVE IT!! Its coming in May 8th ish and I am SOO pumped! As for hair..I really really like the back model's hair. I have longish hair so I'm thinking of just doing really big curls and pinning up so it looks loose but up (if that make sense).

Izzybel..I'm torn as to whether or not I'm going to keep my dress. I'll also be doing a TTD in it so I don't know if you'd still be interested or not. Ill send you a PM once I make up my mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users