NJ Ban on Brazillian Waxes????!!!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Alipires1

• 298 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:26 PM

Has anyone else seen the news about this?!!! I am freaking out!

Check out the link below!

6abc.com and Action News: N.J. may ban "Brazilian" wax - 3/14/09 - Philadelphia News - 6abc.com

#2 DGG

• 275 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

That is crazy! I think the government has bigger issues to worry about..

#3 Royal_lady10

• 247 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:38 PM

Im not in Jersey.. but Im shocked that they are considering put a ban on waxing.. idk.. when I at home (St. Louis), there were several cases of people catching the herpes virus from getting waxed, but they never put a ban on it there..

#4 FutureMrsLewis

• 583 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:31 PM

One of the comments on that page: "90 days of Obama and Bush is back in NJ" LMAO Sorry, had to say it.

I think this is stupid, what gives them the right to choose where a woman has hair on her body and where she doesn't? If they ban brazilians in salons, then all these women are going to start doing them at home instead of being able to go to a professional.

Why not start worrying about real issues, like the economy, or war?

#5 Alipires1

• 298 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:34 PM

hahahaah I didn't see the bush comment

#6 binzer

• 230 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:48 PM

I like how the article's reasoning is "two women got injured." Are they also going to ban other waxing, plastic surgery, facials, exercise, and all the other unnecessary things that can possibly go badly?

All that happens is that salons will start doing it in secret, and women will have to go to skeevy under-the-table places to get it done, which will just result in more injury! I got a good laugh out of the article at least, but are they serious? We have the right to bear arms, but not to get our bajingo's waxed?

#7 Cattie

• 594 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:14 PM

You have seriously got to be kidding me. Thank god I know a woman who comes to the house to wax!

Godforbid we wax our cookies, it may hurt us. But we sure can go drink and smoke ourselves to death!!

#8 Sapphire723

• 888 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

I'm so glad you posted that. I saw a snippet of it on a news teaser for a show I DVR'd, but watched the show too late to be able to turn into the news to hear the whole story.

I love how it's our bodies if we want to have an abortion, but not if we want to get a brazilian wax. Perhaps they should have an extra certification for those who do these types of waxes, but in no way should they ban them. It's WAY harder and less safe to wax down there than it is to pay someone else to do it.

#9 Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,047 posts
                  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
                  • LocationToronto

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:28 PM

that's crazy!! I can't even believe they are considering this :S wtf!?

#10 LIW

• 197 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:09 AM

I'm not from NJ, nor am I from the US, but this is insanity!

My theory is that someone in the gov't did something really bad (or really stupid) and this is just a way to take the attention off them.

38 people plus bride and groom coming to Cuba!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users