Sign in to follow this  
CaboDate

Dancing with Dad!

So girls I am having a weepy nightcrybaby2.gif, wedding planning, and thinking how my dad won't be there, (it's not helping that I am watching a tear jerker "one true thing" about losing a parent to cancer), and then I find this thread, it kind of sent me over the edge. I wish I could dance with my dad,love.gif he loved, loved, loved to dance! When this song plays I will be dancing with him in my heartangel2.gif

There You'll Be - Faith Hill

When I think back

On these times

And the dreams

We left behind

I'll be glad 'cause

I was blessed to get

To have you in my life

When I look back

On these days

I'll look and see your face

You are there for me

[CHORUS:]

In my dreams

I'll always see you soar

Above the sky

In my heart

There always be a place

For you for all my life

I'll keep a part

Of you with me

And everywhere I am

There you'll be

Well you showed me

How it feels

To feel the sky

Within my reach

And I always

Will remember all

The strength you

Gave to me

Your love made me

Make it through

Oh, I owe so much to you

You were right there for me

[Repeat chorus]

'Cause I always saw in you

My light, my strength

And I want to thank you

Now for all the ways

For always

Forgive my sappiness, we all have those moments, don't we?

Kelly~

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaboDate View Post
Okay everyone..
what song are you dancing with your Dad to?

My dad and I are really close and I'm looking for something fun and upbeat. We're trying to stay away from the songs that make you cry!
I'm not a fan of country.. but up for almost anything else!

smile72.gif rockon.gif
I'm not a fan of country either, but we danced to "My Little Girl" by Tim Mcgraw. After our wedding we heard it as the soundtrack to "Flicka" (Ha Ha), but it is a really beautiful song and everyone cried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
So girls I am having a weepy nightcrybaby2.gif, wedding planning, and thinking how my dad won't be there, (it's not helping that I am watching a tear jerker "one true thing" about losing a parent to cancer), and then I find this thread, it kind of sent me over the edge. I wish I could dance with my dad,love.gif he loved, loved, loved to dance! When this song plays I will be dancing with him in my heartangel2.gif

Kelly~
Kelly ~ I know your dad will be there dancing with you, too! Wow, you totally just made me cry at work.

The things we take advantage of......I want to give my dad a big hug.

I think I may do Rascal Flatts - My Wish.

It's sweet, but not so sappy!

My dad and I are not that close, unfortunately. So, this works perfect for my situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREA14369 View Post
Kash I know I will be able to get him out and dance....my whole family will dance. I'm just hoping there will be live music....since I'm going to hire a trio or guitar player for ceremony only and not getting anthing for dinner....
So I'm hoping Baja Cantina has music...
I feel like there's always wandering mariachis and musicians in Mexico... I'll keep my fingers crossed that a group comes wandering your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBECCA View Post
I'm not a fan of country either, but we danced to "My Little Girl" by Tim Mcgraw. After our wedding we heard it as the soundtrack to "Flicka" (Ha Ha), but it is a really beautiful song and everyone cried.
It's so great to hear from you! We've missed you. How's the new place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post

There You'll Be - Faith Hill

When I think back
On these times
And the dreams
We left behind
I'll be glad 'cause
I was blessed to get
To have you in my life
When I look back
On these days
I'll look and see your face
You are there for me

[CHORUS:]
In my dreams
I'll always see you soar
Above the sky
In my heart
There always be a place
For you for all my life
I'll keep a part
Of you with me
And everywhere I am
There you'll be

Well you showed me
How it feels
To feel the sky
Within my reach
And I always
Will remember all
The strength you
Gave to me
Your love made me
Make it through
Oh, I owe so much to you

[Repeat chorus]

'Cause I always saw in you
My light, my strength
And I want to thank you
Now for all the ways
For always

Kelly~
Aww Kelly, I'm so sorry about your dad, he will be with you in spirit on your wedding day, watching over you.

I love this song, its a favorite of mine and now I'd almost like to consider this for dancing with my dad, but I know I'm going to ball my eyes out!!

Please do dance with your dad to this song! It is the perfect dad/daughter song. I would be happy to know that there is a father and daughter dancing on a beach, under the stars, with love in their hearts.love.gif

Kelly~

I asked my dad a few weeks ago to come up with a song for us to dance too. He called me this a.m. and told me he wants it to be, "I Loved Her First". So that's what we'll be dancing too!