What's your menu for AHR?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:18 PM

We had people come over and set up a taco stand. They grilled meat and served tacos, beans, rice, etc. It was a very casual, backyard type of thing.

#12 seaprincess

• 753 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:46 PM

My mom is hosting a cocktail style reception at the local sailing club. We are doing served hot hors d'oevres from 7:30-9:00 along with wine, which is the time that we are also going to do some informal speeches, show the slideshow, etc. Then dancing starts at 9:00 and we are doing fruit sandwich and cheese platters. We are also going to have cupcakes instead of wedding cake.
      Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#13 Cassondra2009

• 444 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:45 PM

We are having a BBQ in my parents backyard under a tent. It hasnt been finalized yet, but I'm thinking we are serving hamburgers, hotdogs, grilled chicken, and salads. We are doing cupcakes instead of a wedding cake. My FI is going to make a cupcake tower...we'll see how that goes!

#14 sunandrun

• 74 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:05 PM

We are thinking of some sort of martini party for our AHR. We are just in the planning stages...here are some of our brainstorm ideas: having a mash potato bar/martinis, some mexican hors d'oerves/beer, cheese/wine, and chocolate fountain with lots of goodies. We are planning to set up different food and drink stations. We are planning on starting around 7 with a DJ and dancing. Nothing to formal. What do you girls think?

#15 reevesbride

• 212 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:08 PM

I think your on the right track, A bbq with good food will always go over well with your guest.

#16 IslamoradaBride

• 459 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:38 PM

FI's mom is doing our AHR-- it's in FI's hometown and it's for his side that can't make it. I think they are going to hire their favorite Italian restaurant to do the catering, probably buffet-style. They only just booked the hall-- I don't think they've done anything else for it yet.

#17 lgarner83

• 530 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:22 PM

We're having a buffet at a reception hall. Our choices are: Roast beef and roasted chicken, roasted potatoes and mashed potatoes, ceasar salad and pasta salad, steamed carrots and grilled asparagus and a dessert table (mostly different kinds of pie) and then a chocolate fountain later on in the night. The kiddies get chicken fingers and french fries :)

#18 islandbride317

• 1,866 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:29 AM

A BBQ is a fantastic idea!

We're doing the AHR on a private party boat cruise in Baltimore's Inner Harbor (since I figure if my guests can't make it to Jamaica, I still wanted to get them as close to a body of water, as possible!)

On the boat, we are having a catering company keep a sort of "Tastes of Jamaica" theme going with a Caribbean foods station (Jerk chicken!) and fruity frozen drinks, plus we're thinking of doing a pasta station for our vegetarian guests.

We'll also be having a traditional wedding cake for dessert, since the one we're having at the resort is a bit lack-luster!
                  ~ Christie

#19 BeachBride10

• 169 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:37 PM

Since we are getting married in Mexico and and only our closest family and friends will be able to go we thought we would bring Mexican food to the ones who couldn't make it. I work with a lady from Mexico and she is going to do the food for our AHR. She makes the best tacos, tamales, chicken mole enchiladas, and of course beans and rice. We will also have beer, margaritas, chips, salsa, and guacamole. Mmmmm... I have a long time to wait for this.

Bride & Groom + 23 Guests Booked

#20 Jen & Josh

Jen & Josh
                    • 75 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:49 AM

I am doing the mexican theme too & am looking for decoration ideas...........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users