Please help me with my save the date magnets!!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Squeezy

• 24 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:56 PM

Hello Everyone, hope your having a great day!

My fiance and I are from Vancouver but are in Las Vegas right now looking at possible wedding sites etc. I want to get our picture at the Las Vegas sign with the both of us holding up our wedding date and some how put it on a magnet to send as a Save The Date. If anyone has any ideas on the best way to do this it would be much appricated.

Carla Martino

#2 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:42 PM

I did my magnets through word. You can buy the magnet paper at staples. It was really easy, i used an avery business card template so the magnets would be that size. than i just pasted the image into each business card sized square. printed them at home and cut them with an exacto knife and a ruler. You might want to look into using a company like vista print. they always have free deals so you might be able to get yours done by them for next to nothing. And it would save you the hassel of having to cut your magnets out. And you wouldnt have to use all the ink in your printer too.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 tina82

• 184 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:51 PM

You can buy sheats magnet business ant staples and walmart. Then just use a business card templet in word or any other print program, avery has some online, or you could use vista print or something along that line.

#4 Dana_C

• 348 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:33 PM

You can also upload your pic to vistaprint.com and have them print the magnets for you...

#5 JCrosby

• 138 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:38 PM

I used vistaprint and totally recommend using them. So easy and cheap.

#6 Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,513 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:45 PM

Yup I'm gonna say what's already been said!! When I made baby photo announcements I actually just bought the magnet paper or whatever it's called from Wal*Mart and did them at home all by myself. Easy and cheap LOL!

#7 Jessica

• VIP Member
              • 11,939 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:49 PM

Is it that you want to know how to get the magnets, or get the picture with the sign and the dates?

#8 thephotogirl

• 158 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:03 PM

That is a really cool idea. I had a friend the STD through Vistaprint and they have photo magnets as well.

#9 Royal_lady10

• 247 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:11 PM

we are using vistaprint, you just upload your picture and have them print on the magnet.. btw they are offering free magnets until March 15

#10 lolkitteh

• 167 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:18 AM

This may or may not address the intent of your question, but many Vegas brides have engagement or TTD pictures done at the Neon Boneyard (The Boneyard) where, among other things, they have "retired" neon signs, including ones for Vegas wedding chapels. Most Vegas-based photographers I'm sure can help you with this if you want pro pictures, or you can try for a tour and snap a few on your own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users