Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I was going to have the BM walk down the aisle with the GM but decided not to. I am going to have feathers in my bouquet and I've seen some really amazing, gorgeous all feather bouquets. I've also seen crystal bouquets that are basically bouquet jewels all tied up. they are gorgeous in the sunshine. It's something you could really DIY if you wanted to. I did feathers in my bouquet so that I could do feather boutonnieres and not have to spend money on flowers either. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kits55 View Post
I was going to have the BM walk down the aisle with the GM but decided not to. I am going to have feathers in my bouquet and I've seen some really amazing, gorgeous all feather bouquets. I've also seen crystal bouquets that are basically bouquet jewels all tied up. they are gorgeous in the sunshine. It's something you could really DIY if you wanted to. I did feathers in my bouquet so that I could do feather boutonnieres and not have to spend money on flowers either. :)
Thanks for the input! Quick question - why did you decide not to have your BM walk down with your GM? I've always pictured it happening like this, but I'm not sure why not that many people do this - in fact I can't remember seeing anyone do this of the weddings I've been to... Are there pros and cons or is it just a preference thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its really up to you what you want do. We are having GM walk our BM down. Although I ordered real touch flowers for our wedding. we spent $698 and got: my bouquet, 4 BM bouquet, bouts for FI GMs and our fathers, corsages for our moms, toss bouquet and all of our centerpieces w/ glass vases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwo View Post
Thanks for the input! Quick question - why did you decide not to have your BM walk down with your GM? I've always pictured it happening like this, but I'm not sure why not that many people do this - in fact I can't remember seeing anyone do this of the weddings I've been to... Are there pros and cons or is it just a preference thing?
For me it was just a preference thing. I had actually envisioned my GM walking the BM down the aisle the entire time. Then I thought about how some of my BM would probably feel more comfortable walking alone. So now I have this vision of the GM standing at the end of the aisle, then each bridesmaid getting to walk down the aisle (with her parasol). I love the BM dresses so I'm being kind of weird and wanting each BM to be focused individually. I also decided I didn't want that type of "formality", it's really more of a tradition for our beach wedding because we're going so casual. The guys, including my FI are wearing some light weight shirts from GAP, nice khakis and flip flops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacilynda View Post
I think its really up to you what you want do. We are having GM walk our BM down. Although I ordered real touch flowers for our wedding. we spent $698 and got: my bouquet, 4 BM bouquet, bouts for FI GMs and our fathers, corsages for our moms, toss bouquet and all of our centerpieces w/ glass vases.
Wow! That's a fantastic deal! Maybe I just need to fish around for better a vendor... Thanks for the input!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kits55 View Post
For me it was just a preference thing. I had actually envisioned my GM walking the BM down the aisle the entire time. Then I thought about how some of my BM would probably feel more comfortable walking alone. So now I have this vision of the GM standing at the end of the aisle, then each bridesmaid getting to walk down the aisle (with her parasol). I love the BM dresses so I'm being kind of weird and wanting each BM to be focused individually. I also decided I didn't want that type of "formality", it's really more of a tradition for our beach wedding because we're going so casual. The guys, including my FI are wearing some light weight shirts from GAP, nice khakis and flip flops.
We're not going for a formal wedding either...humm...I'll have to think about that one. Thanks again for your help!

So, my new question is - do you guys think it would be odd or not very cute to have the BM only carry one flower? I'm thinking like a big, bright Gerber daisy or something tropical...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
  • Topics

×