Photo

My DIY Travel Mugs!

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#11 merocket59

merocket59
  • 937 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:58 AM

Those are so cute!! And they look like they cost more than $1! Dod you buy them recently?

#12 mrsd09

mrsd09
    • 50 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:17 PM

Hey girls! I'm so glad I could help you guys :) I just bought these this week at the Dollar Tree. I pretty much emptied their stash. They were only $1 and seriously, the entire project took me no longer than an hour all together. Easiest WR thing I've ever done!!!

I really like how guests can change them when they get home and I actually left the template on the inside so they knew how to do it!

prettyhazardous - I suck @ this site so far but I am dying to get rid of some of those business cards! I feel like they're going to waste in my wedding room! Email me at cg858105 at ohio dot edu!

lrfriendly - The rhinestone starfish sandals are from gojane.com and the ones I made myself were TH sandals from TJ Maxx! Also, the fish loofas are from...THE DOLLAR TREE :)

#13 tdmitchell

tdmitchell
      • 719 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:23 PM

I love your travel mugs and they are very affordable! I gave my mom the link to your page and she said "Is that what you want because I will go to the Dollar tree and pick them up!" lol, she loves DIY projects! Thanks for sharing!

#14 mrsd09

mrsd09
        • 50 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:29 PM

These are not as cheap, but I thought I'd share...

Design Your Own! Travel Mugs

#15 Erin6341

Erin6341
          • 298 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:34 PM

Those look great! Looks like a trip to the States will need to be planned in the near future.

#16 linzangel

linzangel
            • 217 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:40 PM

They look way more expensive than $1...nice work!

#17 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
              • 5,681 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:14 PM

Great job!

#18 SunBride

SunBride
                • 1,499 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:34 PM

I made my own last year too. I used the mugs from Oriental Trading Company linked above:

Design Your Own! Travel Mugs

After shipping and eveything it came to like 4$ a mug.

Now they have the ones you used at Dollarama in Canada for 1$!!! Was very annoyed when I saw that 2 weeks ago.

Everyone should know that these are not insulated mugs (neither the ones I used nor the dollar store ones) like the more expensive ones. They are more like a cup with a lid that looks like an insulated mug. But they save you a lot of money. I laminated my inserts as I was worried that water would leak inside and ruin my inserts. It added about 1$ per mug to have them laminated (had it done at Staples).

#19 hsims1

hsims1
                  • 356 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:33 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mrsd09
                    I'm really new to this site so I'm not sure how to do pictures yet (in posts or siggy) but I wanted to share these with everyone!

I came across some design your own travel mugs for just $1! I just made 50 of them for our OOT Bags and they turned out awesome!

Check my weebly bio for pics!

Better Together - Home
                    Wow, those travel mugs are great. I will be checking the dollar trees near me. hopefully they have them. what a great idea.

#20 Corvette79

Corvette79
                    • 200 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:19 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by mrsd09
                      I'm really new to this site so I'm not sure how to do pictures yet (in posts or siggy) but I wanted to share these with everyone!

I came across some design your own travel mugs for just $1! I just made 50 of them for our OOT Bags and they turned out awesome!

Check my weebly bio for pics!

Better Together - Home
                      WOW!! Awesome! Too bad I already got mine! How big are they?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users