• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:50 AM

Hello ladies,

I was hoping that you all could help me make it easier for new brides to find important threads. We have a sticky thread created for all major resorts in JA to track everyones dates. If you happen to notice that there is not a thread for your resort, let me know and I can create one. Also, I added a little blurb in the 1st post of each date thread about how I would like to have links to threads that you think are important for other brides to see. For instance, in the Beaches Boscobel thread, I put the link to the thread that contained all the info from when I was planning my wedding since I was the 1st Beaches Boscobel bride. I would like to do this for all the main resorts, but will need you help identifying the important threads.

Please post here with the threads that you think are important for your resort and why you think that. I will keep that original posting updated as much as I can.

Thanks!!

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:18 PM

I am bumping this hoping for some help organizing the JA section....

#3 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:47 PM

This is a note for me to come back to, info sent via PM...

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ~*petals*~
        If you could group all of the Grand Palladium Jamaica/Lady Hamilton threads in one sticky, I think it would be helpful. There aren't a ton of GPJ brides but there are a few threads with similar questions that have come up.

The Jamaica photography question seems to come up quite a bit too.

Hope that helps!

Tina

#4 jk1101

jk1101
        • 2,582 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:52 PM

I am seconding Petals' request for a Grand Palladium Thread

#5 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
          • 813 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:33 AM

Carly,

Another good thing to put in the ROR section are the reception options. I will try to find the many posts that cover this topic today if its slow. But it seems like there is a new post with the question of what kind of receptions are offered every few days.

#6 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:57 PM

Thanks for the help ladies! I appreciate anything you can do to assist. Just give me whatever info you can that is important and I will try to keep the main sticky threads updated...

Even if you just find a thread that is important but don't have time to do anything else, if you can come to this thread and say "this should be in the ROR thread". I can easily add it.

There is SO much information and so much of it is redundant, I think I need to take a vacation from my work so I can dedicate the time to organizing the forum! There just isn't enough time!!!

#7 claerin

claerin
              • 5 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:13 PM

I find photos very helpful!

Is there any way you can add a column or icon (camera) to show which posts include photos?

If that is already there, please tell me where to look! I hate having to open every post to look specifically for photos.

Thanks!

#8 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:21 PM

Claerin - as far as I know, that isn't something the forum can do. But the majority of the time, people write "...*pics*..." in the heading.

#9 ashly87

ashly87
                  • 120 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:42 AM

I wish there was a Riu planning thread (I know there's one that lists wedding dates and important links to info such as reception info., etc.) but the Jamaica forum has soooo many Riu threads (I'm not getting married @ Riu and it's no big deal to pass through the Riu threads, but there are also a lot of threads that don't have it in the title so I click on it just to discover its yet another Riu thread) I think it'd be helpful to have a Riu section in the Jamaica forum where people can post all of their questions, discussions, etc. like how there is the "Jamaican Vendors" and "Accomodations and sites" section. that way people getting married there can easily find and post their info and people not getting married there don't have to go through tons of Riu threads =)
                    "I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of stars makes me dream" - Vincent Van Goh

#10 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
                    • 456 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:53 AM

Great idea! I think that would definitely save time on searching and get brides the info they want more efficiently!

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ashly87
                      I wish there was a Riu planning thread (I know there's one that lists wedding dates and important links to info such as reception info., etc.) but the Jamaica forum has soooo many Riu threads (I'm not getting married @ Riu and it's no big deal to pass through the Riu threads, but there are also a lot of threads that don't have it in the title so I click on it just to discover its yet another Riu thread) I think it'd be helpful to have a Riu section in the Jamaica forum where people can post all of their questions, discussions, etc. like how there is the "Jamaican Vendors" and "Accomodations and sites" section. that way people getting married there can easily find and post their info and people not getting married there don't have to go through tons of Riu threads =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users