Notarized wedding paperwork

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jamin2010

jamin2010
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:18 AM

Hello everyone,

I am from the UK and was just wondering if our passports, driving licences and birth certificates all need to be notarized as I have heard lots of different things and some people have mentioned that they just scnaned and e-mailed their documents to Chandlyn without getting them notarized.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

#2 tmemise

tmemise
    • 135 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:50 AM

Hi

When i spoke to Chandlyn she wanted them notarized. I did mine yesterday.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jamin2010
      Hello everyone,

I am from the UK and was just wondering if our passports, driving licences and birth certificates all need to be notarized as I have heard lots of different things and some people have mentioned that they just scnaned and e-mailed their documents to Chandlyn without getting them notarized.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

#3 chicklet

chicklet
      • 718 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:45 PM

You need your passport and drivers license or birth certificate notorized (just need one of the two of those). I believe you may be able to scan the notorized copies to Chandlyn. I just sent them registered mail but several other brides just did it way ahead of their wedding and sent them regular mail.

#4 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
        • 302 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:19 PM

I got my birthcertificate and passport notarized and just scanned them to Chandlyn...she said it was fine..however she also wanted to know our occupations? did she ask anyone else this too?

#5 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
          • 302 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:19 PM

I got my birthcertificate and passport notarized and just scanned them to Chandlyn...she said it was fine..however she also wanted to know our occupations? did she ask anyone else this too?

#6 kitty_kat_uk

kitty_kat_uk
            • 170 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:40 AM

Hi Jamin
              I'm also from the UK. I had my birth cert and passport photocopied then certified that the copies were a true copy of the original - by a solicitor. It cost £10 for mine and FI. I then scanned them and emailed to Chandlyn. I was prepared to post them too, but when I asked if the scanned version was ok she said it was fine. You just need to take your originals with you!

HOpe that helps.
              Claire

#7 chicklet

chicklet
              • 718 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:17 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Marnie&Peter
                Your date is coming up soo quickly! You must be soo excited.
                I believe we had to give them our occupations when we filled out the request for our wedding date. Don't quote me on that cause this was over a year ago now but I'm pretty sure.

#8 nscaper

nscaper
                • 119 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:33 PM

We had scanned the notarized copies however the notary symbol did not show up in the scan. I sent the scan to her anyways ans sent the originals registered mail (the riu website says to send original copies).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users