Photo

Issues/Questions/Concerns/Safety Traveling to Mexico? POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#61 TA Becky

TA Becky
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:56 AM

No, as far as we've been notified NO U.S or Canadian dollars will be accepted. I wouldn't bring either for tipping as the locals might not be able to cash it in and would be useless to them.

#62 Princess402

Princess402
    • 737 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

Hmm, well the reason I'm confused is because of things like this that I've seen: http://travelagents....41529399090.pdf

#63 TA Becky

TA Becky
      • 68 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:56 AM

Apple Vacations is not a Canadian tour operator, which is perhaps why you're getting conflicting information. I would suggest just not bringing any to be safe. It's quite easy to get Peso's here in Canada so I wouldn't say it's worth the risk.

#64 Princess402

Princess402
        • 737 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:40 AM

Ah I see - thanks Becky!

#65 Dilara

Dilara
          • 233 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:13 PM

Thanks for your posting Becky! :)

#66 horegan

horegan
            • 165 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

Just be careful and aware of your surroundings and there should be nothing to worry about!

#67 *Lo*

*Lo*
              • 2,993 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:57 AM

We just got back from Cabo a week ago and paid for everything in USD. All the prices for things were still in USD, the only place they recommended you use pesos is at the airport. We paid for taxi's in USD, tips, all of our wedding stuff, anything off the resort we were always given the USD price.

We were prepared to get pesos from the ATM but it wasn't necessary.

#68 khannan

khannan
                • 24 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by RunningBride24 

Hi Everyone!

I'm getting married in Playa del Carmen in October. Recently my fiance and I have been getting worried about the violence towards American's that is going on in Mexico. I have been assured that it is mainly on the border but I wanted everyone's thoughts/opinions, especially if you are flying into Cancun and getting married around the Riviera Maya anytime this year. Are you concerned? Have you heard from the resort/wedding coordinator? I do not want to put any of our guests in harms way and this is really worrying me!

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Nikki

Hi Nikki,

We were just in Playa Del Carmen in May, and our friends just came back last week. No problems going into the Playa at all.  I am always watching but I am not too worried I am getting married in Puerto Vallarta, and do not feel uneasy at all.  That is not to say that things cannot happen, but a lot of times the violence is not directed at tourists.

#69 nheche

nheche
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 23 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:22 PM

I have been stressing about this and wonder if this is just a dumb question here......One of my bridesmaids just found out she is pregnant and it would make the baby about 5 or 6 weeks old when we are traveling down to mexico. Is thia safe for a newborn? 

#70 shelbs97

shelbs97
                    • 85 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by nheche 

I have been stressing about this and wonder if this is just a dumb question here......One of my bridesmaids just found out she is pregnant and it would make the baby about 5 or 6 weeks old when we are traveling down to mexico. Is thia safe for a newborn? 

That's a good question.  One of my bridesmaids (my brother's girlfriend) is due next month with my nephew.....the baby will be 5 months old. I've seen babies every time I've gone, but are there any extra concerns with newborns?

Shelby & Justin - Cancun Palace - May 21, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users