Jump to content

Photo

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!


  • Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#2351 Manda123

Manda123
  • Jr. Member
  • 380 posts

    Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

    A quick warning about the Dollarama sewing kits - I didn't include sewing kits in my OOTs, but I did purchase this one for myself to bring down there - just in case. It fell apart really quickly. The black cover that snaps together broke into two pieces when I tried to snap it shut. For those of you thinking of buying these, I would maybe wait until the ones at Michaels are in stock. 
     

    Originally Posted by Pappy 

    I wasn't able to find travel sewing kits at Michaels but Dollarama has black sewing kits for a dollar.  


     



    #2352 Pappy

    Pappy
    • Jr. Member
    • 176 posts

      Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:04 PM


      Thanks for the tip! I didn't buy the sewing kits but definitely waiting for the Spring/Summer to see if Michaels will restock. Crossing my fingers! :)

      Originally Posted by Manda123 

      A quick warning about the Dollarama sewing kits - I didn't include sewing kits in my OOTs, but I did purchase this one for myself to bring down there - just in case. It fell apart really quickly. The black cover that snaps together broke into two pieces when I tried to snap it shut. For those of you thinking of buying these, I would maybe wait until the ones at Michaels are in stock. 
       



       



       

       



      #2353 AquaCait

      AquaCait
      • Jr. Member
      • 209 posts

        Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:45 PM


        I'm thinking that most hotels give sewing kits in the rooms...all the ones that I've been to have anyways...my mom suggested putting them in, but if they are already there, then there's no need...
         

        Originally Posted by Pappy 

        I wasn't able to find travel sewing kits at Michaels but Dollarama has black sewing kits for a dollar.  


         



        #2354 Pappy

        Pappy
        • Jr. Member
        • 176 posts

          Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

          Great finds!  I went to Walmart and the Tide Sink packages were $2.  $1.49 is definitely the best price for the Tide packages and the nail polish remover wipes. 
           

          Originally Posted by lianee 

          Okay, so I know I keep posting about the same thing, but I found the Tide sink packs for even cheaper today!  They are at Rexall for $1.49 a pack (which includes 3 little packages of Tide).  I also got nail polish remover wipes from Rexall - $1.49 for a pack of ten wipes.  I was pretty sure the price on the shelf was $2.99, so I think they were 50% off for a Boxing Week sale.  Rexall also had some decent-looking travel sewing kits for $1.99 each and some first aid kits in the travel section for about $2.99 each.

           

          Anyone know the best place to buy sunscreen?  So far I've checked Wal Mart, Superstore and Rexall.  It's always averaging about $9.99 a bottle (I guess this is the problem with buying sunscreen out of season).  

           

          It's less than 2 weeks until I leave, so I'm getting down to the wire!



           



          #2355 cashewbah

          cashewbah
          • Newbie
          • 4 posts

            Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

            Hi Everyone! Thanks for sharing your deals and ideas!!!

             

            Here are some of the items I have found.

             

            If you are looking for non-customized bags, both old navy and forever 21 have really cute bags, they are basically the fabric re-usable bags - not of super high quality, but great for the beach and carrying stuff to and fro and themed appropriately. At old navy they have these light blue and light green bags with an anchor and it says love on the bag - $1. At forever 21 they have bags that have a mini definition of love - $1.50. Since it's almost valentine's day there will be lots of hearts and red and pink bags out there too. Also at the dollarama there are stripped beach bags with a zipper for $2. Or also at the dollarama they have these bags that are the canadian flag which I thought were pretty nice too. 

             

            Another thing I found if you are looking for something small to put into your bags is going to the bay and sears perfume counters and asking them for samples. They are free and just one more small thing to add to your bags! Now is a good time as they are pushing their stock for valentine's! 



            #2356 AtoZ

            AtoZ
            • Site Supporter
            • 36 posts

              Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:29 PM

              Staples is offering three-packs of travel-size hand sanitizers for $1 (or .33 each) until February 7. The downfall is that the offer is only valid online so there is a shipping charge -- unless your total is more than $50 before tax. But it's a good deal if you also need, say, a printer? 



              #2357 Alysia85

              Alysia85
              • Newbie
              • 101 posts

                Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:33 PM

                Hey everyone,

                 

                I need some major help with this!!! I have a little over 3 months to get my OOT bags together... still some time but I need to get on top of it.

                I think this idea is really fun and awesome... although i dont plan on travelling with 6 extra suitcases just for the OOT bags. I want to keep it VERY simple and basic.

                 

                My future mother in law has been really supportive with everything... but she doesnt get the point of the OOT bags. I was telling her about them and she said .. i dont think you need to do that... everyone would already be bringing that kind of stuff... no need to waste more time and money on that kind of junk.

                 

                So now i'm wondering... is she right? is there really a point to these and would our guests actually appreciate them????

                 

                I thought they were a great idea and just a little thank u and "just in case..." for our guests. I was thinking of placing them on the tables at our first group dinner.

                And I wanted to include a short thank you note from my FI and I thanking everyone for coming and supporting us.

                 

                Thoughts or advice anyone??????????

                 

                 

                 


                May 10, 2012 Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton, Jamaica (46 Guests)


                #2358 AquaCait

                AquaCait
                • Jr. Member
                • 209 posts

                  Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:57 AM



                  I thankfully didn't have anyone saying we didn't need them.  But, that being said, I figure that people are spending so much to come to your wedding, you want to show that you really do appreciate it and that you are thinking of them too.  I am actually making a welcome book that has info about Punta Cana, a map of the resort, info about the restaurants, activities that we will be having throughout the week, and a Mad-lib type planner for excursions and reservations...I'm also including a welcome letter and a thank you note in the book. 

                   

                  We are also planning on handing ours out here, just because there is so much extra weight for all of them (really, we have personalized golf balls for everyone...)

                   

                  Good luck with your OOTs!!!!

                  Originally Posted by Alysia85 

                  Hey everyone,

                   

                  I need some major help with this!!! I have a little over 3 months to get my OOT bags together... still some time but I need to get on top of it.

                  I think this idea is really fun and awesome... although i dont plan on travelling with 6 extra suitcases just for the OOT bags. I want to keep it VERY simple and basic.

                   

                  My future mother in law has been really supportive with everything... but she doesnt get the point of the OOT bags. I was telling her about them and she said .. i dont think you need to do that... everyone would already be bringing that kind of stuff... no need to waste more time and money on that kind of junk.

                   

                  So now i'm wondering... is she right? is there really a point to these and would our guests actually appreciate them????

                   

                  I thought they were a great idea and just a little thank u and "just in case..." for our guests. I was thinking of placing them on the tables at our first group dinner.

                  And I wanted to include a short thank you note from my FI and I thanking everyone for coming and supporting us.

                   

                  Thoughts or advice anyone??????????

                   

                   

                   



                   



                  #2359 mysecreteden

                  mysecreteden
                  • Newbie
                  • 79 posts

                    Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

                    I agree with AquaCait. This gift bag is really there just to show your appreciation for them being their for you.

                     

                    I am sure my guests will bring some of the stuff already in the OOT bags, but I am equally sure others will forget certain things. On top of that, I am certain no one will bring a ID card holder with wrist strap. ;)



                    #2360 Sunshine2680

                    Sunshine2680
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 465 posts

                      Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

                      I agree! The OOT bags are more of a gesture of appreciation for them coming to your wedding. Other than the obvious reason of them spending the money to come..they've also taken time off work (likely) to come...hired babysitters (possibly)..or pet-sitters (possibly)...
                      Granted they are getting a vacation out of it...but I had to remember that some of my guests aren't 'travel-people' and they're coming anyway.
                      Sure they're probably bringing some of the stuff you will provide in the bag but the bags aren't entirely meant for their 'needs'...its just something nice to welcome them..and thank them! Especially if you include the 'Welcome letter'






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users