Jump to content

Photo

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!


  • Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#2231 J and G 2012

J and G 2012
  • Jr. Member
  • 423 posts

    Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:25 AM

    It was $50 for the 2.

    There is a $10 set up fee each and then it's based on the number of letters.We also paid $3 each for the "fancy" underline! 

     

    I was planning on putting our logo stickers on them too but they don't sit right becasue of the contours. 

     

    Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 


    How much did it cost to engrave the Bubba?  This may be a nice idea for our parents and bridal parties mugs to separate them from the rest of the guests!

     



    #2232 canadiangirl

    canadiangirl
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,252 posts

      Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:36 PM

      thats not really a bad price, if your only doing 2 or three, i luv the way they look


      Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica


      #2233 bride6262

      bride6262
      • Member
      • 582 posts

        Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

        I am doing towels as my main gift in the OOT bags. they are in our wedding colour and we are getting the personalized with JAMAICA and the wedding date. this way ppl will have somethign they can keep and use again and again. i love the idea of doing sunscreen, aloe etc but i wanted something that would last forever. well maybe not forever but at least a while lol! i think it will suck bringing them down cause they weigh about a pound each. so the plan is to put them into a duffle bag (since that wont weight anything) and then just put the duffle bag inside a suitcase on the way home!
         

        Originally Posted by JBandDJ 

        Hi all!  We are getting married at Ocean Coral and Turquesa March 27, 2012.  We really want to do loot bags.  Has anyone put towels in their bags?  Any deals around Calgary area?  We are four months away and I'm starting to get a list of what I want in the bags for our guests :)

         



         



        #2234 canadiangirl

        canadiangirl
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,252 posts

          Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:57 PM

          k so i posted this on another forum...but i had to post it here too, for all you  canadians trying to find a good dollar store. DO i have news for you,it just opened in London ontario..but there is a dollar tree here! i didnt get to go in cause (A) i didnt know it was there and (B) it was closed by the time i drove passed it tonight lol but i lurked into the window lol lol and its the same as the US one.

           

          Im going to stalk the inside tomorrow hopefully so i will let you all know what i find


          Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica


          #2235 AquaCait

          AquaCait
          • Jr. Member
          • 209 posts

            Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:48 AM



            I believe that there is a DollarTree in Newmarket as well....I am going up to Newmarket next weekend, so I will let you all know....

            Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

            k so i posted this on another forum...but i had to post it here too, for all you  canadians trying to find a good dollar store. DO i have news for you,it just opened in London ontario..but there is a dollar tree here! i didnt get to go in cause (A) i didnt know it was there and (B) it was closed by the time i drove passed it tonight lol but i lurked into the window lol lol and its the same as the US one.

             

            Im going to stalk the inside tomorrow hopefully so i will let you all know what i find



             



            #2236 amjohnson

            amjohnson
            • Site Supporter
            • 340 posts

              Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:15 AM

              So Ladies,

              Although I am about to seal my oot bag bags with all of their goodies and put them somewhere to make room for Christmas decor etc, I decided to google to see if there was a Dollar Tree in the Edmonton area...my brother in law is in commercial real estate and I was sure he had said one was taking over a Dollar Giant. Ta dah, there is one 10 mins from my house! So I will have to go today and see what it is like, I have never been to a Dollar Tree. I am crossing my fingers that I don't find anything I haven't already bought. I will let the Edmonton brides know how it is...It is supposed to be in St.Albert, across from the Superstore.

              Originally Posted by AquaCait 



              I believe that there is a DollarTree in Newmarket as well....I am going up to Newmarket next weekend, so I will let you all know....



               



               



              #2237 Allie2012

              Allie2012
              • Jr. Member
              • 194 posts

                Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:54 AM

                Yes definitely let us know if you find any good deals at the Dollar Tree! I live about an hour and a half from the Newmarket, ON one and I want to know if there is anything worthwhile there before I make the trip. I am specifically looking for the travel sized tubes of advil/tylenol, or I heard in the states they have individual pepto bismol packs............



                #2238 Manda123

                Manda123
                • Jr. Member
                • 380 posts

                  Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

                   

                   

                   

                   

                   

                  Are all Dollar Giants being bought out by Dollar Tree? Interesting... That would be awesome!

                   

                  I think my OOT buying is done, now I;m just putting everything together. I'll post a pic next weekend of everything and all the templates that I've made.

                   

                  Here is yesterday's project: Pepto packages! Couldn't find individual packs for a reasonable price online, so I bought the regular chewable packs from Wal-Mart. I think I spent around $35 for 144 tablets. Bought the little baggies at Dollarama, made the topper using a business card template in Publisher. Didn't want to put an ugly staple through my lovely cards, so I put a couple of dabs of hot glue on each side. Easy-peasy! The file is way up at the top of the post for some reason! LOL

                   

                  pepto.jpg

                  Attached Files



                  #2239 torilynnsmith

                  torilynnsmith
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,748 posts

                    Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:22 PM


                    This is what I did too!!! I did sheets of 6 though and used the ugly staple LOL

                    Originally Posted by Manda123 

                     

                     

                     

                     

                     

                    Are all Dollar Giants being bought out by Dollar Tree? Interesting... That would be awesome!

                     

                    I think my OOT buying is done, now I;m just putting everything together. I'll post a pic next weekend of everything and all the templates that I've made.

                     

                    Here is yesterday's project: Pepto packages! Couldn't find individual packs for a reasonable price online, so I bought the regular chewable packs from Wal-Mart. I think I spent around $35 for 144 tablets. Bought the little baggies at Dollarama, made the topper using a business card template in Publisher. Didn't want to put an ugly staple through my lovely cards, so I put a couple of dabs of hot glue on each side. Easy-peasy! The file is way up at the top of the post for some reason! LOL

                     

                    pepto.jpg



                     

                    Attached Files



                    #2240 amjohnson

                    amjohnson
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 340 posts

                      Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:28 PM

                      So Ladies,

                      After making a trip to the Dollar Tree, yes it is there, I was disappointed. Other brides in Ontario, you need to share with me what you found there.

                      I found Dollarama had a lot more of Oot bag finds.

                       

                      One find I did find though was a few water and summer toys for the one child that is coming. They had actually started packing up the summer stuff in boxes but they were still in the aisles so I carefully peaked in and found some water balls(soak up water) and a soft frisbee. I did get some ring pops for our ladies day. One thing that I saw but didn't need were Ocean Creature crackers (like gold fish) in mini packs in boxes that contained four bags for 1$. You would have to taste them but had I not already sealed my snack bags, I would have bought a few, especially if there were more kids coming.

                       

                      One find I saw at Michaels' but they didn't have the right initials I was looking for was damask compact mirrors with a colored initial in turquoise, green or purple. They also had damask pencils and notepads.

                       

                      Also at Michaels', not Oot bag related, I got a photo charm for a photo of my mom that will be attached to my bouquet(she passed away four years ago)

                      I also found silver shells with turquoise stones, they are charms so have a hole at the top to pass a wire through. I bought some floral wire sticks and I am going to still these in my real touch bouquet that should be arriving next week! They were 6.00$ each but I had a 20% off my entire purchase(got three). They had a silver starfish, not as nice and a goldish starfish with some smaller colored stones on it.

                       

                      At Bath and Body Works, I bought striped fuzzy shea butter socks with grips on them for myself and the bridesmaids. Our hotel rooms are tile like most and are supposedly cold at night...and I don't want any of us slipping on those floors! They had some wrapped up like cupcakes, really cute but they weren't my colors so I bought the red and turquoise ones and I am going to wrap them in a similar way.

                       

                      At La Vie en Rose, they have small Soak up I think it is called for 99 cents which should give you likely more then two washes of your swimsuits. I got two for each bridesmaid. I thought this was a great find as the bottles are 10$.

                       

                      So I think I am officially done my Oot bag shopping.

                       

                      Going to try and finish my labels tonight and I will take photos and share. I am going to start giving my bags out to a few people at my shower next weekend! Can't believe there is less then 30 days until we leave!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users