Jump to content

Photo

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!


  • Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#1911 beachbum21

beachbum21
  • Jr. Member
  • 438 posts

    Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:14 PM


    Check with brides before you get them though - I haven't heard of bugs being a problem?

     

    Girls - anyone know if bugs are bad in Jamaica, DR, Mexico...?

    Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 


    GREAT! I haven't been able to find these anywhere!!!!



     



     



    #1912 MJKH

    MJKH
    • Site Supporter
    • 654 posts

      Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:33 PM


      We've been to the Mayan Riviera twice before...I haven't had any issues with bugs myself (other than a couple of little bites on my foot the last trip), but my FI has ended up with some really HUGE ugly welts from whatever bit him there.  We will be taking spray and using it, with the hope that we will both be welt-free in our wedding photos!

       

      Originally Posted by beachbum21 


      Check with brides before you get them though - I haven't heard of bugs being a problem?

       

      Girls - anyone know if bugs are bad in Jamaica, DR, Mexico...?



       



       



      #1913 JMikla

      JMikla
      • Jr. Member
      • 189 posts

        Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:44 PM

        Hi ladies,

         

        I bought pocket hand sanitizer today at Bath & Body Works for 50 cents a piece. I also got 2 oz lotions for $1. :)

         


        Marrying my best friend Dec 3rd, 2011 @ Las Caletas
        70 guests booked and paid and counting....

        #1914 bride6262

        bride6262
        • Member
        • 582 posts

          Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:10 PM

          hello ladies!!

           

          so i am working on vista print right now and am trying to find something creative to do with the post cards that you can make on there.... any ideas?

           

          Krysta



          #1915 capecodder

          capecodder
          • Jr. Member
          • 234 posts

            Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:27 AM

            Depending on the time of year you go, the bug situation is different.  I went to Cuba a couple of years ago in late April and no bugs.  A friend went the same resort 2 weeks later and she said it was bug city!  I will definetly be taking down bug stuff with us!



            #1916 J and G 2012

            J and G 2012
            • Jr. Member
            • 423 posts

              Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:20 AM

              There are lots of things you could do with the postcards!

              We are using them as our guest book for both Jamaica and our AHR.

              I created bookmarks from the oversized postcards.

              Some brides use them for their welcome books as the cover.

              Check the Vistaprints threads for more ideas.

               

              Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann 

              hello ladies!!

               

              so i am working on vista print right now and am trying to find something creative to do with the post cards that you can make on there.... any ideas?

               

              Krysta



               



              #1917 Vero007

              Vero007
              • Site Supporter
              • 57 posts

                Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:41 AM

                Ladies, I need your assistance. I’m on a hunt for those 18oz Bubba Tumblers – I need 17 of them.

                I’ve looked at every Wal-mart and Canadian Tire in my area for those Bubba mugs. I took a long 3hrs drive to Watertown, checked their Wal-Mart, Target, Big K-Mart, Big Lots….then Ogdensburg Wal-Mart and I am coming up very empty handed and discouraged.

                Have any of you seen them lately? If so, where? It’s my understanding that they are around 3$ a piece.  If you have them in your area and would be willing to send them my way, I’d be more than willing to pay you for your time & trouble.  Thanks for your help.



                #1918 torilynnsmith

                torilynnsmith
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,748 posts

                  Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:27 PM


                  They are $3 right now at walmart in the states, unfortunately not in Canada!

                   

                  Do you already have some?  If not I would suggest waiting for Canadian tire to put their bubbas on sale, they go 50% off and the 20oz mugs are about $5.99... not $3 but the regular price in the states was $4.97 and if you think of the gas and all, unless you were planning a trip it is just as easy to get them here! Also Canadian Tire offers rain checks if they don't have enough!

                   

                  We bought out the Walmart we were at in Buffalo, NY about 2 or 3 weeks ago (round 2 for us as we had more people book then expected) of 18oz tumblers.  They still had some 34oz mugs and 52oz mugs but no tumblers at all (we took the last 7).  They are on sale because they were a "summer" item (even though they can be used for hot) so I doubt you will find them at many walmarts still... I suggest posting on the bubba keg thread and you may get an american bride willing to ship them your way..... unfortunately us Canadians can't help you out 

                  Ladies, I need your assistance. I’m on a hunt for those 18oz Bubba Tumblers – I need 17 of them.

                  I’ve looked at every Wal-mart and Canadian Tire in my area for those Bubba mugs. I took a long 3hrs drive to Watertown, checked their Wal-Mart, Target, Big K-Mart, Big Lots….then Ogdensburg Wal-Mart and I am coming up very empty handed and discouraged.

                  Have any of you seen them lately? If so, where? It’s my understanding that they are around 3$ a piece.  If you have them in your area and would be willing to send them my way, I’d be more than willing to pay you for your time & trouble.  Thanks for your help.



                   



                  #1919 torilynnsmith

                  torilynnsmith
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,748 posts

                    Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:42 PM

                    Ok, I have major OOT scores to report... even though my OOTs are done I am still always keeping an eye out for OOT items.  I am adding extra touches to our BM and GM bags as well as our parents and we just found out that FIs cousins who are 11 y/o male and 9 y/o female will be joining us so I want to give them extra special bags!!!!  If anyone has any suggestions for kiddie stuff I would love to know!!! I dont know what those ages are into and could use all the help I could get!!! I picked up "water and beach" stuff at the dollarstore which was a big score but I am thinking more activities and things of interest to those ages... 

                     

                    Alright... now onto the good stuff!!!!

                     

                    Stopped into michaels today for another DIY project item I needed BUT as usual got extremely sidetracked as they have a TON of clearance stuff right now.  Be sure to check out the different clearance sections all over the store!

                    Demask Playing Cards and mini notebook with pen.  I will be adding these to the BM bags, and our mom's bags! (Leigh, this is a MUST for your bags!!!!!)

                    $1.50 each BUUUUT today and tomorrow michaels has 25% off your entire regular priced purchase so these were like $1.12 each!!!!!

                     

                    IMG_3353.JPG

                     

                    2 seashell emry boards (for the moms) $0.75 for 2 AND Manicure sets $0.90  --- we're talking cheaper than the DOLLAR STORE!!!!!

                     

                    IMG_3352.JPG

                     

                    Waterbomb footballs and balls for the kids and FI lol - I picked up a water bomb ball game that has the 2 nets for the kids for in the pool and thought these extra balls would be awesome. I considered picking one of these up for each of the GM as well..... $0.90 each football and the 2 balls for the same!

                     

                    IMG_3351.JPG

                     

                    I also picked up inflatable beach balls for $0.90 as well!!!

                     

                     

                    ANNNNNNNNNND the big news for those of you that are still needing them..... the SEWING KITS ARE BACK!!!!!!!   I almost missed them!!!  They were in the $1 ($1.50 section here in Canada... boo) right by the cash.  They just put out Christmas/Holiday style stuff in this section and they are in this "collection".  They were in different colours then the brights we had in summer but still just as good!   Green, Off white/yellow, brown, a purplish plum i think and a whole bunch more! Sorry don't have a picture as I didn't need anymore but just had to share!!!

                     

                     

                     

                    Starting tomorrow there is an online coupon for 50% off any reg priced item AND another for 40% off. BUT remember today (and tomorrow I think... ) there is 25% off your ENTIRE regular priced purchase.  I couldn't find this online but they had the sign up in store so I asked about it and she said you had to download and print it... I had 3 pages of printed coupons that I printed off today and showed her it wasn't in there so she just pulled one out of her til and let me use that!!! Never hurts to ask!! Plead your case, tell them it isnt online anymore and you will get 25% off all these $1.50 items!!!!!

                     

                     



                    #1920 Shahlo

                    Shahlo
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 253 posts

                      Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:26 PM

                      Tori, you are the best!

                       

                      I should stop checking this thread, the more I come in here the more my OOT budget is growing
                       

                      Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

                      Ok, I have major OOT scores to report... even though my OOTs are done I am still always keeping an eye out for OOT items.  I am adding extra touches to our BM and GM bags as well as our parents and we just found out that FIs cousins who are 11 y/o male and 9 y/o female will be joining us so I want to give them extra special bags!!!!  If anyone has any suggestions for kiddie stuff I would love to know!!! I dont know what those ages are into and could use all the help I could get!!! I picked up "water and beach" stuff at the dollarstore which was a big score but I am thinking more activities and things of interest to those ages... 

                       

                      Alright... now onto the good stuff!!!!

                       

                      Stopped into michaels today for another DIY project item I needed BUT as usual got extremely sidetracked as they have a TON of clearance stuff right now.  Be sure to check out the different clearance sections all over the store!

                      Demask Playing Cards and mini notebook with pen.  I will be adding these to the BM bags, and our mom's bags! (Leigh, this is a MUST for your bags!!!!!)

                      $1.50 each BUUUUT today and tomorrow michaels has 25% off your entire regular priced purchase so these were like $1.12 each!!!!!

                       

                      IMG_3353.JPG

                       

                      2 seashell emry boards (for the moms) $0.75 for 2 AND Manicure sets $0.90  --- we're talking cheaper than the DOLLAR STORE!!!!!

                       

                      IMG_3352.JPG

                       

                      Waterbomb footballs and balls for the kids and FI lol - I picked up a water bomb ball game that has the 2 nets for the kids for in the pool and thought these extra balls would be awesome. I considered picking one of these up for each of the GM as well..... $0.90 each football and the 2 balls for the same!

                       

                      IMG_3351.JPG

                       

                      I also picked up inflatable beach balls for $0.90 as well!!!

                       

                       

                      ANNNNNNNNNND the big news for those of you that are still needing them..... the SEWING KITS ARE BACK!!!!!!!   I almost missed them!!!  They were in the $1 ($1.50 section here in Canada... boo) right by the cash.  They just put out Christmas/Holiday style stuff in this section and they are in this "collection".  They were in different colours then the brights we had in summer but still just as good!   Green, Off white/yellow, brown, a purplish plum i think and a whole bunch more! Sorry don't have a picture as I didn't need anymore but just had to share!!!

                       

                       

                       

                      Starting tomorrow there is an online coupon for 50% off any reg priced item AND another for 40% off. BUT remember today (and tomorrow I think... ) there is 25% off your ENTIRE regular priced purchase.  I couldn't find this online but they had the sign up in store so I asked about it and she said you had to download and print it... I had 3 pages of printed coupons that I printed off today and showed her it wasn't in there so she just pulled one out of her til and let me use that!!! Never hurts to ask!! Plead your case, tell them it isnt online anymore and you will get 25% off all these $1.50 items!!!!!

                       

                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users