Jump to content
beachbride2009

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

Recommended Posts

Okay you Toronto/Canadian ladies...just got a message from Sue at H2 Promotions and she said that I could pass on her email to those interested brides! I bought my totes and mugs from her company and she was wonderful. I'm still waiting for my delivery but her email is sue@h2team.ca and let her know that Sarah from Toronto sent you her way! She is really excellent to work with and we'll search out what you're looking for. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayanLily View Post
I had a feeling they'd get us on the taxes! OH well, what's done is done. If you ladies can, post some pics. I'd love to see the vistaprint idea!

Suzy- the deals you were talking about, are they on the discountmugs website?
No the deals are sent via email and usually only last a couple of days, so go online and create a username and password then sign up for their email promotions, you have some time till your big day, so just wait until a good one comes by - so far the best I've seen is 15% - but every penny helps especially because of customs charges sad.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahiabride2010 View Post
Okay you Toronto/Canadian ladies...just got a message from Sue at H2 Promotions and she said that I could pass on her email to those interested brides! I bought my totes and mugs from her company and she was wonderful. I'm still waiting for my delivery but her email is sue@h2team.ca and let her know that Sarah from Toronto sent you her way! She is really excellent to work with and we'll search out what you're looking for. Good luck!
Were the mugs reasonably priced? Did you get print on them? I am from Alberta but am in Toronto alot for work so maybe she'll deal with me too. Its gotta be better than paying customs and shipping charges from the US right....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey guys

 

i got my mugs today from discount mugs and they are really nice. i'm impressed with the quality, which sort of balances out my bitterness with the customs charges :)

 

I tried for ages to upload a picture and couldn't do it...if you'd like to see a pic let me know!

 

does anyone have a link to the vistaprint page with the clear labels? I can't seem to find them....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiemoe View Post
hey guys

i got my mugs today from discount mugs and they are really nice. i'm impressed with the quality, which sort of balances out my bitterness with the customs charges :)

I tried for ages to upload a picture and couldn't do it...if you'd like to see a pic let me know!

does anyone have a link to the vistaprint page with the clear labels? I can't seem to find them....
They are called window decals, I had a hard time finding it too!! When you do your design you have a choice to either have the background white or clear.
So I just made a document the size of the large decal and did all my labels on that - I think I'll need to order 2 in total, I have everyone's names on each label, then I'll just cut them out individually and add them to the mug - they are low tack so their repositionable, and it will also ask you which side you want the sticky on ie. if you were going to put it on the inside of a store window or the outside of a window.
If you have any other questions just let me know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiemoe View Post
Hey ladies,

As luck would have it....I got the UPS notice for my mugs today (I missed the delivery so i cant tell you how the mugs look) but the customs charges are $54!!!! I don't know how they figure 54 bucks on a $130 bill but not much I can do now...

Jen - I found in Panama that they have access to a lot (unlike, say Cuba) so money was most appreciated. When we went in May it was unbelievably hot (almost uncomfortably so) and the sun was verrrry strong. I imagine in January it will be gorgeous - nice and hot, but not ridiculously so. A couple tips for you - be prepared to wait at the Panama airport on your way home, when we went 4 years ago they didnt have computers at check-in so it took a long time (that said, we had such a great time I would do it again in a heartbeat). Also, try to keep a good eye on your bags, the resort took ours on a seperate bus and they arrived before us and were left outside the airport (never a good thing). If you have time, go on the rainforest trip - it was an experience of a lifetime. Overall, it is the nicest resort I've ever been to, the food was great, the room was lovely, and it is a great alternative to the islands. Feel free to ask if you have any other questions!

$54!! I'm sorry to hear that. I bought a pair of shoes from the states (online) and between shipping and duty it was more than the actual shoes!
I'm still searching around for something local (but it's almost not worth the hassle).

Thanks for the "tips" and advice about Panama. I'm sure I'll have other questions as the time gets closer! I appreciate your openness to help me out!
Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Ladies...I just ordered my mugs and bags from a lady in Toronto who is willing to help out other brides. The mugs were $5 a piece and the bags were $4.50. I'm expecting delivery today and both have been customized. She works for a Promotional company here in the city and usually deals with larger clients. She was a dream to work with and bonus...no customs charges :) I sent her pictures of the types of items I wanted and she sent me back a few options. Once I decided I was able to choose the colours for the printing and add an image too. Here is her email and feel free to tell her that Sarah sent you... Sue@h2team.ca . I'll post pictures once they arrive...expecting the delivery today at work :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahiabride2010 View Post
Hey Ladies...I just ordered my mugs and bags from a lady in Toronto who is willing to help out other brides. The mugs were $5 a piece and the bags were $4.50. I'm expecting delivery today and both have been customized. She works for a Promotional company here in the city and usually deals with larger clients. She was a dream to work with and bonus...no customs charges :) I sent her pictures of the types of items I wanted and she sent me back a few options. Once I decided I was able to choose the colours for the printing and add an image too. Here is her email and feel free to tell her that Sarah sent you... Sue@h2team.ca . I'll post pictures once they arrive...expecting the delivery today at work :)

Thanks Sarah for the info, I'm anxious (as I'm sure you are) to see your mugs/bags. I've emailed Sue to see if she'd be willing to work with me also. It's tough I think for us Canadian brides, I see so many wonderful things on the websites but it's all US based!
Cheers, and thanks again for the help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Ladies...here are a few pictures of my OOT bags and Mugs! I'm really happy with the design and the colours! They will be perfect for our Orange and Pink Wedding. The bags are quite large...will be able to fit lots of OOT goodness in there!

 

Interestingly enough...guess what the box of mugs had on it...tape from Discount mugs! Too funny! Just didn't have to pay the customs fees! Email Sue at H2 Promotions...her email is Sue@h2team.ca

 

I'll be selling about 25 bags after the wedding if anyone is interested! I paid $4.50 per bag and would sell them for $90 for the lot (+ shipping of course)! Speak up...first comes, first serve!

 

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×