No Sundays??

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 lololola

• 156 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:43 PM

I just got an email from Dreams saying that they don't perform weddings on Sundays. Is that true everywhere in the DR or is that just a Dreams policy? Does anyone know? Our anniversary happens to be on a Sunday and though it is not a dealbreaker, it was the date we wanted.

#2 Jamaica0619

• 475 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:01 PM

Others may have even more insight into this. But, when I was doing research into where to have the wedding I ran into this. I found it to be particulalry true in locations where Christianity is the dominant religion.
      Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#3 eloping789

• 290 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:44 PM

I'm not certain, but many of the resorts I've looked at in DR and Mexico won't perform weddings on Sundays or holidays - so check the local holidays too.

#4 Mrs.Captain

• 156 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:33 AM

Sunday was the day off during the week for the coordinators at our resort, so no Sunday weddings (legal or renewal). Like others have said, Sunday is probably going to be a difficult day to arrange.

Good luck!
          Jennifer & David
          January 22, 2009
          Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya, Mexico

#5 lololola

• 156 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:00 PM

Thanks for the feedback girls, I'll just have to suck it up and change the date!

#6 DarcyJAde

• 305 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:51 PM

We are getting married on a Sunday at Melia Caribe. Just a symbolic ceremony. we plan on getting hitched before we go.

[/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#7 saraece

• 289 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:27 PM

Our resort said that the minister doesn't work weekends, but for 150 USD extra he could work on a Saturday. Never on a Sunday.
                It is funny because he does two weddings every Saturday at this resort alone, I wonder how much he racks in extra on Saturday?
                Like our first kiss all over again

#8 lololola

• 156 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:05 PM

Yeah no kidding Saraece! I bet it is good business to be a minister in a resort town period. Not a bad gig really...

#9 hollisandsteph

• 419 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:09 PM

I was married on a Sunday in Jamaica. I wanted to be engaged exactly one year and the one year mark fell on a Sunday. I also figured since we were getting married in Jamaica Sunday was no different than Saturday or Monday right? The whole 7 days was like a weekend. :-)

#10 laminina

• 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:29 PM

YUP no sundays, anywhere. But wow I did not know that ministers get paid extra for working Saturdays! You would think that for an extra extra fee they would work on sunday as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users