Sign in to follow this  
jamaica2009bride

Hors d'oeuvres necessary for 4 pm ceremony??

Ahhhh!

Wedding is close and I am in PANIC mode!

I was wondering if past brides (or anyone!) could give me some advice about serving hors d'oeuvres after the ceremony?

Here's what I'm thinking....Our ceremony is at 4. So I figure people will probably eat at 1ish, maybe 2. Which means that they won't eat again until our dinner (which is booked for 6:30 but I hear service is slow?) and I have a lot of big eaters coming!

Also, we are having the steel drum band, and I am afraid people will feel kind of awkward just standing around drinking punch/sparkling wine. I want to make sure everyone sticks around to watch the band as they are costing us a &*^@load haha. But it seems like the hors d'oeuvres are pretty expensive, so I have to decide if it's worth the extra $300-$400.

Thoughts?

I personally think you should go ahead with the HDs for the reasons you stated above. People should have something to do while you are taking pictures and you need to get your money's worth for the band.

How much is the charge per person?

If you don't have the money in your budget, don't go broke to provide food. If you can afford it then why not? Our HDs were really good!

I am doing HD because like you I've got foodies for guests!!! If there's one thing I've learned at any event or function -- if you put the food out, it's gonna get gobbled up no matter what time of the day it is, lol. rolleyes.gif

If it's something you can fit into your budget, I would definitely do it, even if you have to cut back to just very simple appetizers to reduce the costs.

We didn't do any hors d'oeuvres for our wedding. Our ceremony was at 4pm and dinner at 6:30pm - same as yours, however we didn't have a steel drum band or anything. Anyone that couldn't wait until dinner went and got their own snacks at one of the bars while we were taking pictures.

Good luck with your decision.

Jennifer

I'm also having at 4pm ceremony and I am doing the HD's for the same reasons you stated above. We are also having the steel band and would like the guests to have something to do while we are taking photos. Plus, I have a lot of greedy guests as well. We all like our food. I probably won't be able to enjoy it but atleast they will. I'm sacrificing other things so I can have the extra $300 to do the HD's.